who is captain kate mccue husband?

who is captain kate mccue husband?

He is a Chief Engineer working on Virgin Voyages. Whenever something tragic happens in the world, it changes the way that we operate, but I think it makes us safer. Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Basically, you have first officers who stand eight-hour watches on the bridge. Many people ask about the amount of money Kate McCue makes from Instagram. An All Female Bridge and Officer Team We both worked for Royal Caribbean and I was so impressed because she wasin a very similar position, working in a marine sector where she was surrounded by men. Upon graduation in 2000, I earned my third mate license, which meant that I could sail anything from a tugboat to the world's largest super tanker. So when they see me around the ship they are always surprised and the number one question I get asked is, if you are here who is driving (and this is driving me crazy) the boat. I want to be able to show a behind-the-scenes view of how things really are on a cruise ship. Obviously, she's busy: McCue is still in command of a 131,000 gross-ton cruise ship, a serious job by any measure. Kate McCue, the first American woman to captain a mega cruise ship clapped back at a social media troll with a grammar lesson. From photos of cotton candy sunrises on the horizon, to videos of dolphins dancing in the waters below to clips of crew tie-dying shirts to pass the time, McCue's Instagram is a whirlwind look at life on board the ship. None of those were planned with her in mind. Becoming a ship's godmother. The last voyage of McCue's December-March stretch was to coincide with International Women's Day, a special Celebrity sailing in which the ship was entirely staffed by female officers. By clicking Accept, you agree to such purposes and the sharing of your data with our partners. With that,McCue's path wasset. Once the ship's arrived, sometimes McCue will go out on the cruise excursions and explore the destination with the guests. I think every captain, every crew member, every person on a ship has a special story and something that makes them special. It is what allows me to see my husband 8,000 miles away . As Celebrity Edge spent months in limbo, McCue also documented life on board via her. ", CELEBRITY CRUISES APPOINTS FIRST AMERICAN FEMALE CAPTAIN, "Normally as I'm scrolling through comments and see something like this, I totally ignore it and move on with my life, McCue started in her video response, which she posted on Saturday. Routine is not a part of the job. 1. While I get, "If you're here, who's driving the boat?"! My name tag only says Captain. Some people still tend to call me Kate. The crew gets into it, she said, and they'll help her with shots. "I almost felt it was a bit unfair, because the men, when they were promoted, they got to do their job. Worth Reading: New Dining Venues Announced for Celebrity Beyond Cruise Ship, To be the take out captain for a new vessel is an honor for any captain and it is an absolute dream come true for me. or redistributed. A post shared by Captain Kate McCue (@captainkatemccue). When McCue started at Celebrity, she found herself returning to this feedback, and trying her best to remain poker-faced. Before making travel plans, check to see if hotels, attractions, cruise lines, tour operators, restaurants, and local authorities have issued health and safety-related restrictions or entry requirements. Male captains are always addressed as captain. She's now midway through her first voyage aboard. The weight of responsibility of captaining a cruise ship had never been more apparent. CRUISE LINES SHOULD BAN PASSENGERS FROM FREELY ROAMING PORT CITIES, CRUISE PANEL PROPOSES. Personal Life of Captain Kate McCue Kate met her husband, Nicola Petrovic while working onboard a Royal Caribbean ship. As always, thank you for your continued support and for letting me share this Beyond amazing career! As captain, you're in charge of the deck, crew, the technical aspects of the ship, as well as the hotel. The hardest part is actually one of the most rewarding every day is different. She has been a captain at Celebrity Cruises since the summer of 2015, where she has served as a master the highest ranking captain role on a cruise ship, according to CruiseShipJob.com. McCue said that while at Royal Caribbean, she worked with Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, who later became the first female CEO of one of RCL's brands-- Celebrity Cruises. By Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. It's part of the Cal State University system. "I don't believe any time in history has the captain of the ship also been the godmother. The question most people ask Kate McCue, America'sfirst female "mega" cruise ship captain, discussed her career as part of Women's History Month on Fox News Radio's "Everyone Talks to Liz Claman" podcast on Friday. Last year she made headlines as the first American female to captain a megaship for a cruise line. I was itching to get back to sea. Host Liz Claman noted thatMcCue's hard work and climb through the ranks at Royal Caribbean helped pave the way for the unexpected offer from a former colleague to become captain of her own ship. I had visited Maui on one of the training ships [during college], and I just fell in love. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER. Celebrity Cruises She's been at anchor at . Hearst Magazine Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Get notification with the latest net worth updates for free. On sea days, it's important to McCue to be available and accessible for the guests as they enjoy life on board. Please only use it for a guidance and Kate McCue's actual income may vary a lot from the dollar amount shown above. I sat there for 3 hours one night and I looked at my watch and I was like Omg, I had no idea you get totally immersed there. Being a minority because of gender, race, religion, cultural background, sexual orientation etc. Now she's in charge of a ship traveling between the Eastern U.S. and the Caribbean. Last week . Celebrity Edge is one of Celebrity Cruise Line's largest and swankiest vessels. The other thing that surprises people is that the ships steering wheel is smaller than the steering wheel on a car. On top of that, Id like to be the ships godmother. Twenty-five years later, McCue, 37, has realized her dream. When I started documenting my life as a cruise ship Captain, I never, in a million years, expected the interest or following that has grown around this platform. It was a four-day sailing to the Bahamas and I spent the entire time with the cruise staff and had a blast. Nothing bad happens in my bubble. I said to my dad, I am going to work as a cruise director when I grow up. And he said, You can do that, or you can drive the thing.. And I have a feeling that its going to come this year. I applied to every cruise company I could find. McCue said she first envisioned working on a cruise ship after atrip with her family at age 12, when she was living in San Francisco. Duck = 1, Book = 0, The 411 on FAQ's: One of the nice things on the ship is the chain of command thats traditional. That wouldn't be great, but at least we'd have stories to post on CruiseCritic). Then I moved up to chief officer safety. It was similar to third officer, assisting the first officer with the watch. '", CRUISE LINE ASSOCIATION SAYS ALL PASSENGERS, CREW WILL NEED COVID-19 TESTS BEFORE BOARDING, Reply to @seamus272 ##yourewelcome ##fyp ##foryou ##captain. It's a shipping company that would take containers off the ships, put them on trains or trucks, and send them out across the states. You are in a bubble. You better believe it. I'm oncall 24/7. Celebrity Beyonds maiden voyage will depart on April 27, 2022, from Southampton, England, for a 10-night Western European cruise including calls at Bordeaux, France; Lisbon, Portugal; and Seville, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca, and Barcelona, Spain. Following her early days learning the ropes with Disney Cruise Line, McCue rose through the ranks at Royal Caribbean and moved to Celebrity Cruise Line to captain Celebrity Summit in 2015 -- a promotion that made her the first female US cruise ship captain. But her skills and Insta fame grew accordingly, to the point where many of her pictures now look professionally enhanced. Kate McCue, the first American woman to captain a mega cruise ship clapped back at a social media troll with a grammar lesson. I went on a cruise with my family when I was 12 years old. McCue's second stint on board Edge commenced in December 2019. 07070 USA Telephone: (201) 902-2000. Because my parents live there. We have 72 nationalities onboard. Lufthansa gives it a try, I found the rest I needed across from a strip mall, Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection, What's hot on the Las Vegas pool scene this season, Hyatt is acquiring the Mr and Mrs Smith hotel collection, Western mountain resorts are facing a demand erosion this summer, With more ships and new homeports, MSC Cruises is attracting Americans, Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort is getting new cabins, Virgin Voyages' Scarlet Lady will have a branded poker room. And they'll come find her when they see something unusual, fun or inspiring that might make for interesting content. We were bringing bananas from Ecuador to Long Beach, California. Legal Statement. Interview with Captain Kate McCue. But thanks to social media the world is a much smaller place with how we can connect to people. Sailing on a ship with Captain Kate McCue is on my cruise goals list! If the past is an indication, she will captain the 3,258-passenger ship with her signature style, wearing Louboutin shoes and accompanied by a hairless cat named Bug Naked who is dressed in a uniform and pushed around the ship in a stroller. All rights reserved. Since 2015, Captain Kate McCue has worked as a commanding officer of the Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Edge, and most recently, the new Celebrity Beyond. The 42-year-old captain for Celebrity Cruises responded to a now-deleted TikTok account that sent a sexist message that read: "How can you be a captain? Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. "The way I always looked at the Instagram was yes, it's an inside look at the captain's life, but also, it's my digital photo album. I think they expect to see this very Amazonian persona who is controlling the Christopher Columbus steering wheel. FollowAAA ExplorerandWestwaysfor the latest on what to see and do. If Im tired or sitting on my desk doing some paper work and emails, Ill leave my cabin and go to the guest areas and meet the guests. Covid-19 brought the cruise industry to a standstill -- virus-hit ships were quarantined and passengers were denied disembarkation. in Broadcast Journalism. "I knew nothing of Instagram," she recalled.

Steve Wright Son, Control Remoto Liberty Pr, Articles W