who are the snooker commentators on eurosport

who are the snooker commentators on eurosport

CJ was really good. This is high, high-class stuff. Kyren Wilson is one of the steeliest players on the World Snooker circuit and he kept his Crucible hopes alive with a determined second session against Stuart Bingham. Is that a turning point in this match? "Amaaazing" purrs Uncle Joe, then the pack is broken off the blue, there's claret everywhere, and he's doing all he can to force an overnight lead. Selby returns to the table seeking three snookers, and I wonder if one reason he does this is every player he plays knows, nothing easy, nothing for free. Eurosport Snooker commentator David Hendon has become an acclaimed playwright. Holds for black. David, having worked in snooker for so long, what is it that inspired you to take up playwriting? Can't keep losing the white ball at key times. The BBCs regular expert team of analysts and commentators include snooker legends Steve Davis, John Parrott, Stephen Hendry, Ken Doherty, Alan McManus and Dennis Taylor. Rankings Update Osullivan Up To Second, Story Of The 2020 Betfred World Championship. Quite possibly. The fabled one-table set-up is upon us. Si seeing all the possibilities so far as he screws back off black to land perfectly on next red. They go back and forth, and no one mentions re-rack but this can't go on indefinitely, hilarious though it would be if they were still here in a couple of hours. It should be an absolute corker before old hands Mark Selby and Mark Allen take to the table this evening. Ranking the game's top five players in history, including World Championship stars. Selby is really into his snooker at the moment - it's almost like's eaten a mushroom, or caught a star. He initially started combining riding with Eurosport work in his final season in 2019. It is quite an emotional performance, tell us a bit about it. He hasn't looked like missing here and is playing with such presence and authority. It is back to 4-2. Eeesh, Selby looks to go into the pack off the blue and misses it altogether. Allen struggles through a stun run-through, but a fine recovery means he's in good shape now, and will expect to clinch the frame from here. Well then, just when 5-1 seemed certain Si misses an easy black off its spot having raced to 53. A brilliant effort to get the right cannon on those reds. Brilliant black is followed by supreme position on final red. No complaints from me. After missing the 2020 tournament, John Virgo returns to the BBC commentary box at the Crucible this year. First off, I already spend most of my time working in snooker. Australian broadcaster SBS unceremoniously let him go at the end of the 2022 racing and so its no surprise to hear him over in Europe given he had such a high reputation. Red to Selby, in behind the yellow, escape into the pack, fine starter bridging awkwardly, and Selby breaks the pack to finish on nowt. - Brecel lands extraordinary fluke early on against Si, Brecel reflects on 'unbelievable' victory over O'Sullivan and Hendry being his 'hero', 'There's something about this kid' - White and McManus laud Si, Highlights: O'Sullivan stunned by Brecel in Crucible shock, 'Possibly the worst match Ive ever played' - McGill after defeat to Si. Follow the World Championship Snooker match between Luca Brecel and Mark Williams with Eurosport UK. The 2022 World Snooker Championship is under way in Sheffield as 32 players compete to see who will be crowned champion on May 2 when the 15-day event comes to a conclusion. A bit for Brecel to digest with one more frame before the mid-session break. That's the best he's played for ages, a great session from both, and currently his A-game is better than Selby's. Luca misses with his attempt from distance and that will cost him the fifth frame of the day. The former sprinter has an eye for racing detail and analysis. structure and function of flowering plants ppt. With the joining up of GCN and Eurosport, hes now regularly seen across all coverage. WebEurosport brings you live match updates including snooker results, interviews, commentary and expert analysis. Meanwhile, 2005 winner Shaun Murphy, eliminated in the first round this year by Stephen Maguire, has joined the team. But he's bossing the table, blatting a pink right into the heart of right-middle, and this is fantastic stuff. Luca hits blue attempting to run back to baulk and leaves Si with another sighter. Was brilliant yesterday, and John Higgins is convinced he's going to win a fifth world title and he's certainly the favourite. This session rapidly turning into damage limitation for Luca with three more frames to play. Eurosport has a select core of lead commentators who find themselves describing the action we see. Decisions, decisions. People always say to me that I should write a play about snooker. Just wow. A stunning red-black combo from Si to get the party started in the second frame. Now, for me, it is a chance to win the World Championship. No long wait for this semi-final to catch fire. For me, Carlton is the perfect commentator for the early shift on long, flat grand tour stages. "It is unbelievable to be in the semi-final, particularly because I was behind the whole game, 6-2, 10-6. What was he like to work with? Allen quickly wraps it up, and I wish I was less used to calling them Mark and Mark. Kyren Wilson is one of the steeliest players on the World Snooker circuit and he kept his Crucible hopes alive with a determined second session against Stuart Bingham. He earns a delicate cut-back starter to left corner, sinks it nicely, and this is a frame-winning opportunity. Si presented with another chance on a plate in Sheffield. I'm not sure he'll work it out in time to win this competition this year - he's not played that well yet and his form isn't set-in like Selby's - but he knows he can perform under pressure, and if it clicks, he can make it happen. Are we heading for another century? It is already sizzling hot. Usually, in the studio leading The Breakaway pre and post-race segments, she leads and guides the other presenters to discuss the stage or race of the day. With his well received monologue Banana Crabtree Simon set to take to the stage for the second time at next months Catalyst Festival in London, we caught up with Hendon to find out how he got into playwriting. is it just me or does anyone else have to mute the commentary on eurosport, seriously they call everything wrong, they think he can pot it, he cant, they think hes This upcoming performance will be slightly different because it is with a new actor and a new director. Also fronting the BBCs coverage is Hazel Irvine, who has been a mainstay of the channels coverage in recent years, although she missed the 2020 tournament due to a family illness. Sean Kelly is almost synonymous with the coverage of major races on Eurosport and GCN. At A 5-3 lead before they resume at 10am on Friday morning. A packed crowd inside the Crucible Theatre for this semi-final as both men take to the table. Looking very fluid early doors, but Si also sharp at close range. The battle of wits here is a joy to behold, and Selbz has a long think before proceeding. Shes a regular member of the Cycling Podcast and has been covering cycling for a long time before joining the Eurosport and GCN team. He is, though, able to get at balls that would previously have troubled him, his stamina is better, and getting himself healthier reflects a calmer and more mature approach to life. The voices of the cycling commentators on Eurosport are beamed into our homes. Selby misses to right corner but it costs him nothing and another safety exchange ensues. Still life in this opening frame yet with four reds left on the table. Si steps up to slot pink and black. A hand of apology from Luca before he progresses to start mopping up the reds. Si suffers a double kiss to leave Luca with easy pot on the penultimate red. Could be a century on the cards. From talking about spring classics to grand tours, hell also be seen in the studio after races. Another power pot on black off its spot hits the leather of the pocket. The whole point was that it was at the Crucible. After a brief rest in January 2022, McCrossan has been back behind the mic once again. Here is a run-down of who is providing commentary and insight at the tournament. I thought that John Astley, who was the professional player involved, was brilliant. What a miss. Its a comedy about someone who suddenly becomes famous after coming second on a talent show called Britains Worst Singer. Seema Jaswal is again one of the BBC presenters leading the presentation of the action at the Crucible Theatre, having first appeared on the channels coverage in 2019. WebEuroSport Joe Johnson From Bradford and best known for winning the 1986 world championship as a qualifier. An error from Allen leaves Selby one to left corner; "this is a good chance, this," says Uncle Joe. In the two frames Allen won, you could almost forget how well Selby's playing; thinking he had his measure. Erleben Sie das Snooker-WM Snooker Spiel zwischen Luca Brecel und live mit Berichterstattung von Eurosport. Eurosport Snooker commentator David Hendon has worked in the sport for many years, but during his spare time away from the box he has become an acclaimed playwright. Just expect these goings on from Si. Tremendous play. White opens up the reds and that could be a frame-winner. The afternoon matches and both sessions of the final will be simulcast live on Eurosport 1 and Quest. A delightful run of 69 from the three-time ranking event winner. 'Oh hello!' Gasps of disbelief around the Crucible. However, it is fine to think you can do better, but really you need to give it a try. The annual championship is currently underway at the Crucible, but former-snooker-player-turned-Eurosport-commentator Neal Foulds reckons hes spotted a Maggy will often be heard on lower-level Belgian classics although not exclusively. A former F1 aerodynamicist, Bigham has turned his attentions to cycling and helped his track team beat national teams. Watching these two duel is such a treat, and right as it looks like Allen's in control of the exchange, he leaves one. Goes for another cutback on a red to left centre, but nothing doing this time. She retired from racing after 2018, a season where she finished 3rd in the Womens Tour. Most famous for winning the 2004 edition of Paris Roubaix, Magnus Backstedt had a long pro career. Sean Kelly is a great of the sport of cycling a 9-time monument winner, 4-time Tour de France green jersey winner and winner of the Vuelta a Espana in 1988. Just up to the pink required. - Dedicated to jrc750! Selby seemed to be complaining about something to the tournament director, but they come back out and off we go. Follow the World Championship Snooker match between Luca Brecel and Mark Williams with Eurosport UK. Luca nipping out for a comfort break before they get ready to roll for the final frame of this opening session. Si looks like he is going to score heavily every time he visits the table. This is great stuff. Ronnie OSullivan beats Judd Trump 18-13 in World Snooker Championship final as it happened! With Si settling very nicely out there. We will be back at 6:30pm BST with Mark Selby meeting Mark Allen as two of the sport's form men collide for their opening session. Jaswal, who has also presented snooker coverage on Eurosport and football on BT Sport, is working alongside the pundits in explaining the action taking place in Sheffield until May 2. Selby can see just enough of a red, clicking it to left corner with a few loose balls kicking about. It was funny and had a proper story. Chance for Allen, and he earnt that with that really good safety. This is a real chance for Si to restore parity at 1-1 in this semi-final. In the clear here for a 3-1 advantage unless something goes drastically wrong. Watching Selby play like this, after what he's been through, is such a joy. Enjoy live streaming of this seasons top sports competitions. No Rocket today, but no messing about out there so far. But I have been feeling well off the table and I am very happy. Jaswal, who has also presented snooker coverage on Eurosport and football on BT Sport, is working alongside the pundits in explaining the action taking place in Sheffield Luca forced to swallow this whole at the moment. Its rare to watch either without hearing Martys voice in recent years. Both players have played really well tonight, but it's Allen who's had the edge, winning the safety exchanges overall and scoring well under pressure. If they arent laughing, then you have failed. Luca then sends a red careering into the green pocket. He's not forcing it because Selby doesn't offer you chances, but he's playing attacking safety shots and looking for opportunities. But then he misses to right corner; but then Allen does too! "So to be in it is unbelievable, from 10-6 behind to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan, playing so well. Up to Luca to respond. For non-British based viewers shes been on the world feed for Grand Tours. It doesn't work out well though - he doesn't hit the ball he wants and can't get through to another to middle. I understand nothing from snooker. Ranking the game's top five players in history, including World Championship stars. And he does, but Selby also has his, which is why he's at the table potting balls. But not for long as Si buries a brilliant long red with no fear. Break reaches a rapid 40. @SHendry775 pic.twitter.com/08FZazPeLB. Copyrights 2023 RKG Snooker, All Rights Reserved. The American former pro rider won 4 national titles in cyclocross and was a top-10 ranked rider. The white is now stuck to a red which is stuck to the side cushion and they're scraping one off t'other, repeatedly. The lead commentator for cyclocross and womens cycling on Eurosport. Copyright 2015-2023 ProCyclingUK - All rights Reserved, 2024 Womens WorldTour Promotion/Relegation Standings, Shimano 105 Groupset: A Comprehensive Guide, Ally Wollaston wins Stage 2 and GC at Festival Elsy Jacobs, Discovering the Beauty and Legacy of Lagos de Covadonga and the Vuelta a Espaa. WebThe beloved Jimmy White and the sports GOAT, Ronnie OSullivan, are both part of the Eurosport snooker commentary rotation, and OSullivan even had his own show with These two are so well-matched, but it's Allen now sitting at the side, watching. Si Jiahui described as fearless by an animated MC Rob Walker. Blue stays out. She brings insider knowledge of the womens peloton to the race commentary. She retired from racing in 2018 whilst at WNT and transitioned to a Marketing/PR role for the team. He slots pink to left centre, but a dreadful safety shot by Si on yellow presents Luca with a gift. Shes often heard covering non-WorldTour classics most often where she can use her native Dutch to pronounce riders and place names perfectly. The BBC is showing coverage of the tournament in the UK, with every match featured either on one of their TV channels, the Red Button, iPlayer or by streaming directly off their website. It is a very British play. Si ball, pot ball at moment. I thought it succeeded on both levels. How good is this? See detailed profiles for Luca Brecel and Mark Williams. It will be quite interesting for me to see what they do differently.. Former world champions Steve Davis, Dennis Taylor, Stephen Hendry, John Parrott and Ken Doherty are also understood to be in the comms booth throughout the 17 Selby has been stuck close to the middle of the bottom rail oh, and cannon off the pink sends him into the pack. He looks the complete player. He won a stage in the Tour de France in 1998 for GAN and after retirement, ran development teams in his adopted country the UK. Luca Brecel admitted that he has "not practised for this tournament" after he. Join us again tomorrow at 12.30pm BST for more of the same! A little bout of safety here. ", Stream top snooker action, including the World Championship, live on, Brecel bang in trouble as Selby 'back with a vengeance, say White and McManus, Hes back with a vengeance McManus and White laud Selbys magnificent 147. Magical level of play as he clears them all up for a 125 break. I had written a few scripts years ago when I lived in Birmingham, but I didnt take it too seriously. Presents Si with the chance to pounce, but he rattles jaws with two reds left up. However, I also think it would be quite difficult to write a better one than The Nap.. Thankfully it wasnt. Hes a familiar voice to anyone who stayed up late to watch racing in Australia, hosting with Matt Keenan and Bridie ODonnell. Left one to the yellow bag, Selby gets himself away, but trying to hold for a particular red atop the black off the blue, he overruns and plays safe towards right corner. Both men know how close this could be, so are taking such care over every shot. Has been quite an afternoon. Born in Northern Ireland, Dennis Taylor won two ranking finals including that Stranger things have happened. Misses a pink to a baulk bag, but watches as the object ball races back down the table before nestling in the top right hand pocket. "It is totally unexpected because I've not practised for this tournament! That's a terrific pot, so smooth and definitive; can he parlay it into a serious contribution? Quite astonishing frame in progress. This is gorgeously-constructed run, Selby gradually breaking the difficult balls and taking low-value colours. Would you believe it? Selby goes into pack off the blue, finds a snick to right corner, and now he's properly away. Which he doesn't refuse. Well now. But again, no position to continue the break as he is forced to run back to the top cushion for cover. A 28-minute frame is won by Si. Pocket will never take the pot at that pace. Won again by Allen! There was a lot of pressure on him to perform and he did. It doesn't favour either man because this is their first match on the professional circuit. Pops in the black to move ahead in this frame by seven points. You used to hear Declan Quigley covering the Giro dItalia but now seems to find himself part of the B-tier. Well, he is human after all. A new signing for Eurosport and GCN is the Aussie Robbie McEwen. A long-time member of the womens peloton, Dani Christmas retired from racing at the end of the 2021 season and moved into the commentary booth. In his racing days, Blythe was a consistent lower-level classics racer and sometime sprinter. WebA snooker journalist and commentator for several years now, Phil can most often be heard these days commenting on the Premier and Championship League competitions for Stephen Hendry | Lockdown ReflectionsIt can't really be 30 years since the Crucible King won his first world title, can it!? He lays down a statement 116, and he is flying. Willie Thorne; "I used to play this guy in my club in Leicester." Troubling times for the 'Belgian Bullet'. It's Mark in again, he quickly finishes the frame, and that was an incredibly engrossing session (of World Championship snooker). A 3-1 lead for the world No. Brecel living up to his nickname as the 'Belgian Bullet'. Wasn't easy, but an early reprieve for Luca. No colour to follow. On Eurosport, Dave Hendon and Joe Johnson are a good team, with passion for the game uppermost. Si can't hole a tough red from mid-range, but Brecel can't punish as the red to right middle doesn't drop. I was not expecting to win, I was expecting to be going home today and to chill out," he said. This match is going to be. Stay with us for live updates throughout the opening day of these best-of-33 frame semi-finals. The distinctive Irish voice on Eurosport. There are plenty of narratives at play to watch for at the Crucible Theatre as Ronnie O'Sullivan goes for a record-equalling seventh title, with defending champion Mark Selby crashing out in the second round.

Deen Castronovo Net Worth, Brown N Serve Sausage In Air Fryer, Uss Howard Quarterdeck Phone Number, Marmon Employees Retirement Plan, Reardon Mortuary Obituaries, Articles W