what is the speaker referring to in these lines?

what is the speaker referring to in these lines?

Jordan and O'Neal agreed to share partnership income and losses in the following manner: JordanONealInterestonbeginningcapitalbalances3%3%Salaries$12,000$12,000Remainder60%40%\begin{array}{lrr} The speaker couldn't think of anything else to write. But O heart! Cite an example. Examiners are encouraged. Here The painter plays the spider in her hair, and has woven A golden mesh to capture the hearts of men Faster than gnats are caught in cobwebs. The speakers of both poems (Grasshopper & Solitude) show an appreciation for. Gratiano got the benefit into the bargain. Portia says that a short while ago, she was the mistress of that beautiful palace, with all its servants. What is the source of her satisfaction at this stage? The "Daily Show" correspondent Roy Wood Jr., seemingly spared no-one in his roasts during Saturday's White House Correspondents' Dinner. Writing the subject line Passage 13 (Act III, Sc.II, Lines 270-289). Beshrew your eyes : means Curse you! though the expression is always used in a humorous and light-hearted manner, where a curse is not intended, overlookd : the evil eye. March 29, 2022 - 0 likes, 0 comments - Halfpriced & New Books (@halfpriced_books) on Instagram: "The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations has been long hailed as the most . What is the speaker referring to in these lines? What does Portia want Bassanio to do before going to Venice? What is the speaker referring to? This time has lengthened to a month or two. (b) until it is confirmed, approved and attested by Portia. Nerissa and the rest, stand away; Let music sound while he makes his choice; Then, if he loses, he will die as a swan, Fading in music: so that the comparison May be extended, my eyes shall be the stream And watery deathbed for him. Answer: The words in the letter stand for wounds on the body of his friend. Question 1. how they worth with manners may I sing", Sonnet 42 - "That thou hast her it is not all my grief", Sonnet 46 - "Mine eye and heart are at a mortal war", Sonnet 54 - "O! 8. Why does she speak in this manner? Question 1. Answer: Bassanio compares ornament to a deceptive sea-shore which leads a ship into a dangerous sea. Question 3. At last, he was able to secure the promise that Nerissa would marry Gratiano if Bassanio won the hand of Portia. these naughty times put bars between the owners and their rights : the evil times we live in put obstacles between men and their rightful property. Portia refers to the compulsory choice between the caskets, as a barrier to be surmounted before Bassanio can possess himself of what is already his own by right, herself. for people to continue the unfinished work of the soldiers. The money-lender has imposed a dreadful condition that if the money is not repaid within three months, he would have the right to cut of a pound of flesh from any part of Antonios body. A captain has died on his ship. About whom is SALARINO talking and to whom? Fox News Fires Its Biggest Star - The New York Times When Bassanio saw ^ lady Portia, Gratiano saw her maid, Nerissa. He calls it merely pale and common drudge between man and man. "My name is Sadie. these wicked times , Put up bars between the owners and their rights; l And so, though I am yours, I am not yours. Tags: Question 3. Go, Hercules! Interest expense incurred on the mortgage was$2,000, all of which was paid by December 31, 20X7. Question 3. What instructions does Portia give before the choice is made? When Portia sees Bassanio inclining towards that casket she bursts into a mood of extreme joy which is hard to contain. Question 3. Question 4. A celebration is being held by the passengers of a ship. I'm new too. Bassanio gets portia as his wife. It shows how America is a war zone that takes strength from people and causes them unnecessary stress. lord : used as owner without regard to sex. Live thou, I live : if you are successful, I shall live in happiness.. What literary elements are used in Edgar Allan Poe's poem "Annabel Lee"? Answer: Portia tells Bassanio that for her ownself she would be quite contented to be what she is. Passage 14 (Act III, Sc.II, Lines 297-310). The idea here is that of a beautiful cloth covering the thick lips and flat nose of a negress, a fair outward appearance concealing ugliness, seeming truth : a false appearance of truth, hard food for Midas : Midas was an ancient king who was allowed to ask a certain favour from the gods. That is all his wealth consisted in his noble birth. What does "the prize we sought is won" refer to? She accepts Bassanio, the man much after her heart, as her husband and places herself and all that she possesses at his disposal, Passage 10 (Act III, Sc.II, Lines 156-174). Passage 6 (Act III, Sc.II, Lines 114-124). When a ship captain dies, it is a tragedy, because he is the leader of the boat, just as Lincoln was the leader of the country. What did Bassanio say about his wealth when he first told Portia of his love? How does Bassanio describe ornament? Question 4. On the strength of arguments he has so far advanced against the falsity of outward appearance, Bassanio rejects gold with its glittering look. The title of the poem, 'Invictus,' which is Latin for "unconquered," was given by the editor of "The Oxford Book of English Verse."This poem is a favorite in popular culture, making appearances in movies such as Casablanca and the Nelson Mandela movie of the same name. Thus the first should have been left without its companion eye (unfumishd = unaccompanied), doth limp behind the substance : moves like a lame person (limp) in an unsuccessful effort to keep up with the original, continent : that which contains; the container, you that choose not by the view : the whole principle on which the choice of the caskets is founded is expressed in this line, namely that men should not choose by outward appearances, but should look deeply for the real meaning of things. Question 3. Life Doesn't Frighten Me | Poetry Quiz - Quizizz Who are the "people" that the speaker refers to in the title and text of the poem "For My People"? In stanza 4, what discovery does the speaker say "we" made? The Question and Answer section for Shakespeares Sonnets is a great (c) What is the speaker's state of mind here? As the lark "sings hymns at heaven's gate," so the poet's soul is invigorated with the thought of the fair lord, and seems to sing to the sky with rejuvenated hope. Prepare the journal entry for the admission of Hill on January 1, 20X8. For this he could put his friends life into danger. In religion, What damned error is there that some sober face Will bless it, and approve it with a text, Hiding the grossness with a beautiful ornament? For intermission, no more pertains to me, my lord, than you : for delay in seizing an opportunity is no more a fault in my nature than it is in yours, as the matter fall : as things turn out. So, you gaudy gold, Hard food for Midas, I dont anything from you; And not from you either, you pale and common exchange Between man and man: but you, you lowly lead, Which threatens rather than promises anything, Your plainness moves me more than any speech, And I choose you: joy be the result! Earlier in a line she talked of detaining him for a day or two. This could be real or imagined, but it is enforced in line 2, when he bemoans his "outcast state." Original music . (d) What is the speaker trying to do? After all this is said, Nerissa wishes good luck to the couple. Answer: It advises him to be satisfied and not to run after anything new. You have got me one. On that date, Hill invested$99,800 of cash into the partnership for a 20 percent capital interest. Answer: Bassanio compares himself to one of the two competitors contesting for a prize. My eyes, my lord, can look as quickly as yours: You saw the mistress, I saw the maid; You loved, I loved, because a rest Doesnt pertain any more to me, my lord, than to you. Which line from Whitman's "O Captain! Question 3. Question 5. She tries to remain non-committed but her attitude deceives no one. Then music is Sounds as the trumpets when true subjects bow To a new-crowned king; music is Those sweet sounds at sunrise That creep into the dreaming bridegrooms ear And summon him to marriage. My Captain!" by Walt Whitman, the speaker is referring to Abraham Lincoln who has tragically died. Question 6. Is Bank Reconciliation not required in every company? How can an error in religion be approved? The poet finds himself in the same situation: Heaven personified is God, and in this case he is "deaf," making the poet's cries "bootless," or useless. (We also included all House speakers, even if they didn't have an analyzable voting record. The Nightingale and The Glow Worm Questions & Answers She is pleased to surrender herself to Bassanio, to be guided by him. \text{Interest on beginning capital balances} & 3\% & 3\% \\ Bassanio and Portia have expressed their love and commitment to each other. Do you think Bassanio is satisfied by his praise of Portias beauty? ke roses,end underline,. Answer: He thinks that the eyes of the picture move. Bassanio heartily welcomes the suggestion and grants Gratianos request provided he can find a wife. Much to the professor's surprise, the speech is about friends who engage in sexual behavior. rise up and hear the bells;Rise up - for you the flag is flung - for you the bugle trills;For you bouquets and ribbon'd wreaths - for you the shores a-crowding;For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning; What is the speaker referring to in these lines? Jack and Jill are owners of UpAHill, an S corporation. Passage 7 (Act III, Sc.II, Lines 124-138), BASSANIO : but her eyes! rise up and hear the bells; questions and answers for nuts for skeptics to crack, It was Mark's first day of school in a new town. II, I, 35. bleared visages : tear-stained faces, issue of the exploit : the result of his achievement. He also feels in disgrace with "men's eyes," implying that the general public looks on him unfavorably. If you do love me : Portia seems to think that the test of the casket is indeed a test of true love, a swan-like end, fading in music : An old superstition that the swan, usually mute, sings a beautiful song just before its death, my eye shall be the stream, and watery death-bed for him : Portia says to him that, just as the stream on which it floats is the death-bed of the dying swan, so her tear-filled eyes will be the death-bed of Bassanio if he fails, dulcet: from Latin dulcis, sweet. I view the fight with much, much more sadness than you that are fighting. But let me hear the letter of your friend. Portia does not want to break the wish either, nor does she want to lose Bassanio. I am locked in one of them: If you do love me, you will find me out. And pray, though it seems like no one hears my prayers, and feel sorry for myself, "Wishing me like to one more rich in hope, / Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,". What promise she takes from Bassanio after giving him the ring? ICSE SolutionsSelina ICSE SolutionsML Aggarwal Solutions, //Unit 2: Poetry Collection | Poetry Quiz - Quizizz And blood is flowing from those wounds. The speaker implies that sleep is simply a small glimpse of Death. Karine Jean-Pierre | 1.7K views, 59 likes, 3 loves, 75 comments, 8 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from RT: Press briefing by White House Press Secretary. What is the situation? Wishing I were more like someone with more hope in his life, or someone very handsome, or popular, "Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope, / With what I most enjoy contented least;". What feelings does the speaker express in lines 49- 57 about his everyday life. He was prepared to risk everything for the sake of love. Question 4. Passage 9 (Act III, Sc.II, Lines 148-161). While it has been reviewed by human transcribers, it may contain errors. Margaret Walker and her sister would play house, which they referred to as playing "Miss Choomby," because her father had said that Miss Choomby was a name of a black lady. The emotional state of the speaker in Sonnet 29 is one of depression: in the first line, he assumes himself to be "in disgrace with fortune," meaning he has been having bad luck. In large graven letters on the wall of the newly opened National Museum of African American History and Culture on the National Mall is a quote from poet Langston Hughes: "I, too, am America." Still, for you, I would be three times twenty times myself, A thousand times more beautiful, ten thousand times More rich; If only to stand high in your account, I might exceed making a count of virtues, beauties, Livings, friends. Mark smells good.2. Answer: The splendid success which followed Bassanios choice of the right casket is too good to be believed by him. Lead threatens rather than promises anything. What was Bassanios actual financial position according to his own confession? \\ But it also refers to a nation, or a kingdom. And not one vessel escaped the dreadful touch Of the rocks that can break a merchant? Question 2. Because you shall go away on your wedding day, Bid your friends welcome, show a happy face; Since you are bought so dearly, Ill love you dearly. a. denotative meaning Question 1. \text{Cash} & \$\hspace{7pt}60,000 & \$\hspace{7pt}50,000 \\ heart! It is a poem of both loss and celebration as their leader died but they won by the end of the civil war. Question 3. Passage 12 (Act III, Sc.II, Lines 250-269). It is here that Gratiano has his turn to speak.

Why Is Tony Kornheiser In A Wheelchair, Attempted Child Abduction Today, Sagemcom Rac2v1s Firmware Update, Michael Steiger Actor, Central Transport International Tracking, Articles W