the worst things about fraserburgh

the worst things about fraserburgh

"It's incredibly sad to think that that level of attrition has happened in a community that's so tight-knit.". Horrible places populated by horrible people. If we have meat, we have vegetables with it, but we often have a salad or a vegetarian dish. By SandraAberfeldy. Worst things??? Nithing Ti Dee, It's Nae Wonder Abdy Gets Bleezin Ndd Walks Abt Eh Streets Is It? If you are unhappy with any of the content on this page, turn on the flags. "I used to live in the west end of Aberdeen, which is wealthier, but nobody knows anybody. VisitScotland / Discover Fraserburgh / Damian Shields, The busy fishing harbour of Fraserburgh boasts a large fishing fleet. Then I had to go to a secure unit in Dundee. There's little vandalism, very few break-ins and quite a few neighbourhood watches, so it all helps. Fraserburgh railway station opened in 1865 and closed to passengers in 1965. Police Scotland said significant high-profile activity would continue to take place across the area over the next two weeks. It's very tight-knit and friendly. The college, however, closed only a decade or so after Ferme's arrest on the orders of James VI for taking part in the 1605 General Assembly of Aberdeen, being used again only for a short time in 1647 when King's College, Aberdeen temporarily relocated owing to an outbreak of plague. Deejays!!! "There is no doubt this area has had its problems. WebThe most popular things to do in Fraserburgh with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are: Museum of Scottish Lighthouses; Fraserburgh Heritage Centre; WebAnd, according to Pews survey and analysis of existing government data, Black women are more likely than any other ethnic group to be in marriages where theyre the "Drugs has a hold on this town just now, it really does, you are afraid to go out your front door. "I love Govan. These houses were built by the Hillcrest Housing Association on the site of the former Bowbridge jute works and there's a mix of rented and shared-ownership properties. It was a thrilling thing to be moving to a house. I just started going mad. You can make a complaint by using the report this post link . In fact, I know that's true. !F**K OFF!!! Fraserburgh Tourism Fraserburgh Hotels Fraserburgh Bed and Breakfast Fraserburgh Vacation Rentals Flights to Fraserburgh Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire, LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets, Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains, SHAHID ALI FAE MINTLAW BIGGEST FANNY IN THE NORTHEAST. CollegeDegrees360 / Flickr Unfortunately, that's even lower than the national average. He frequently had paintings hung in the Royal Scottish Academy. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. The former Cults Academy pupil has been unsuccessful in his attempts to keep Wigan up, and the club have returned to League One after a single season in the Championship. We've built a state-ofthe-art health centre, where there was previously no provision of healthcare in the area; we've also built Scotland's biggest purposebuilt nursery, which can be used by members of the local community. There's a whole generation of young people in their twenties hooked on heroin and valium. "That probably changed me because I don't want to go back in there. the fukin painties meetin n at solid rock of shit cafe and the person that has fuked up a the young gamrie lads makin em into bible bashin bastards. I wouldn't go out except to go to the shops, and then I'd come back and just sit. "The regeneration has given me great opportunities. I'm a Gorbals lassie.". The herring season also brought with it an additional 1,200 people working in the Parish. "I've worked in wealthier areas. I think it's okay as a place to live. Sometimes I work in the evenings as a taxi driver: with two growing boys a bit of extra income is very useful.". We decided to test its knowledge of our city, Stonehaven named among Scotland's best seaside destinations. Temperature extremes have ranged from 26.6C (79.9F) in July 1995 to 14.4C (6.1F) in February 1991. "I don't see these people as all bad - just the ones who sell the drugs. People will speak to him as if they've known him all his life and say, 'What are you up to now, son?' It needs modernising. The worst thing about fraserburgh is the mentality of some of its residents. But I do eat junk food too. THE REST OF THE TOWN EXCEPT THE BEACH!!!! The sense of community has gone because people aren't working. N A Thiii Junkiiieeez n Nedz Steven hall is a homosexual predator who hangs around street corners with his skin tight jeans asking random blokes for a pound a blow job. Throughout the 20th century, Fraserburgh suffered three lifeboat disasters. It was like they were willing it to be a different kind of show. There are a lot of people who have nothing better to do with their time than try to make others lives a misery, come on get a life! Fraserburgh (/frezrbr/; Scots: The Broch or Faithlie;[2] Scottish Gaelic: A' Bhruaich) is a town in Aberdeenshire, Scotland with a population recorded in the 2011 Census at 13,100. Braeside, Mannofield, Broomhill and Seafield North, Aberdeen bishop Rev Anne Dyer has suspension lifted after appeal to Scottish Episcopal Church, Councillor backs plans for statue at Aberdeen's Duthie Park honouring academic who saved millions of lives, Aberdeen business lands offshore wind contract with leading European energy firm, Police looking for dashcam footage after 76-year-old man and 80-year-old woman struck by car in Stonehaven, Scotland's 100 worst and best areas also included several towns in Aberdeenshire. i left the broch a long time ago now and recently came back to visit. !x yeh dinnah get such a bloody thing nooz aah days cuz thu prices arr soo crazy thit yooh want teh savour ivery draw! We took a year out from our careers to do a round-the-world tour, got as far as the UK and decided to stay. I'm paranoid about the plane, though. John Cranna (c.1853 - 1932): Harbour Treasurer and author of "Fraserburgh Past and Present" (Rosemount Press, 1914). I understand the problems of the drugs but it happens every where now and if all you people feel so strongly why dont you do something about it. This site is part of Newsquest's audited local newspaper network. It has a great view over the playing fields and we can watch the planes coming in to the airport. That also meant there was not as much associated crime. "I've been here since September 2004 and everybody knows everybody. 3 Cool, Hidden, and Unusual Things to Do in Fraserburgh, Scotland Updated September 30, 2022 Share Tweet Email Attractions Trips Map Leaderboards Hotel Deals Unusual Attractions in Fraserburgh A group called Includem came to see me. Whoever wrote stuff about my son Ewan Mowat im taking this further !!!! Sure have fun, but U can without them.The main thing that puts the broch 2 shame is drugs ,but unfortunately the dealers and the drug abusers can't see the damage caused and if someone does not put a stop to them they will go on 4 EVER!! I enjoy fruit and veg and I like cooking too. To sign up, simply enter your email address into this link here. Scurries. We have a small community centre run by a trust: the city council funds bigger ones where there's an education side of things. The worst part of being a kid is that you have to go to school, not doing anything you want to do. BURN THE ACADEMY INSTEAD OF THE CONGRATATIONAL KIRK. We look forward to hearing from you on heraldscotland.com. "My wee brother was just five months old when we moved. I became involved in the local tenants' association when I retired from running a hostel for single homeless people. "I went into Kerelaw. But they're planning to sell half the playing fields outside our back window for building, which we're not happy about. You couldn't play with your pals or anything. I'd build a bungalow nearby and I'd take all my neighbours with me. Rabbi Harold Kushner, seen here on July 10, 2008, had a way with words that resonated 4 stars out of five; Excellent - 88; Terrible - 9; Based off 173 reviews. "Sweet Sixteen (the Ken Loach film in which Martin starred) was a very accurate portrayal of someone brought up in those circumstances in Greenock. See above. The worst thing Fraserburgh has, is it's reptation 4 drugs. flaggi full of kids who stole there mums car and end up puttin in a park peterheaders dont need a brain scan cos havent got a brain! eh, Mr. Noble at the school.i hte him 2.the amount of times ive had 2 write the Fraserburgh academy 10 commandments.Fuck him, NICOLA REID THE CRAZY COW OF THE TOWN WHO WILL ROB ANYONE FOR A BAG AND SHAG YOUR LADS WATCH OUT FOR THE JUNKIE BITCH QUINES If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to The Academy Gym department. Jim Johnston, 69, publican and provost of Falkirk. Gangs of young people occasionally collect at the shops, but, again, it's nowhere near other places. Aboyne, Ellon and Stonehaven are just some of the areas of the north-east to have recorded the lowest rates. come 2 phd for i gravies, Smackheeds, smack dealers. You had to be good to get home leave so I just kept running away. The Reverend notes that shipbuilding had become a main industry in the town, especially after 1784, and that the locals were making donations and seeking government assistance to have the harbour enlarged.[7]. I've got my gold.". "There is definitely crime. 1. Any booking you make will not be placed with VisitScotland and we will have no liability to you in respect of any booking. its all druggies that use them!! Many talk of familiar problems - gangs, drugs, crime, vandalism - but they also speak about new jobs, training, new hope. There are flats across the road that are virtually all empty and boarded up, and I think they're being demolished and rebuilt, which will improve the look of the street. "I couldn't wait to leave school - but I had to wait until Christmas, which was awful. If everybody sticks together, you can get things sorted. Parts of the green have been left damaged after being driven over by a vehicle, as Sport Aberdeen say they have been left "extremely disappointed" by the incident. EVIL SATANIC PLACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People couldn't get another job and just sat in the house. We were first-time buyers, we were about to get married and we were desperate to find a place of our own. Mary Barbour, 74, is the granddaughter of a local hero who organised the rent strikes of 1915. It's an interesting community; although it has difficulties, it's not a wasteland. Until recently the university was divided around the city in seven or eight sites, but what we're trying to do is bring it on to one location, and Garthdee is the best. There is a constant police presence, especially over the weekend, so we feel really safe. isn't yours equally as bad?. "In those days on Govan Road there were a lot of private rented houses. Ann Marie Miller, 50, lives with her husband, William, and her sons, Alan, 23, and Ian, 21, who has cerebral palsy. An icon of the Facebook "f" mark. Ms Case fears that if education around drug misuse does not improve, the next generation could face a similar level of tragedy. Here are 14 reasons not to move to South Dakota. Sheddocksley was built for oil personnel to live in, but most of it has been taken over by the housing association and most places are owner-occupied - I'd say 75per cent. THERE IS NOT ENOUGH CLOTHES SHOPS. Post moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. WebThe two Ann Hodges episodes, Freudian Sleep, and Some Assembly Required are a million times worse than any of those on the list. but no all you will do is sit and moan about what a terrible place you live in. As such, summer highs and winter lows are heavily moderated, with mild winter temperatures for contact IPSO here, 2001-2023. WebFraserburgh Community and Sports Centre Inverallochy Golf Club Fraserburgh War Memorial Museum of Scottish Lighthouses Fraserburgh Leisure Centre Fraserburgh Weather..people..atmosphere..new head teahcer at academy. no fu**ing cinema!!! Charles Ferme, then minister at the Old Parish, to be its first and only principal.[6]. I've built up a lot of confidence since I started here and at the end of the year I'm going backpacking for six months in Australia and Asia. "When we were thinking about where we wanted to live, Glasgow came out on top. "This is quite a nice place to live. A lot of older people and a lot of families. We are making the subscriber-only change to support our valued readers, who tell us they don't want the site cluttered up with irrelevant comments, untruths and abuse. We used to go to Glasgow Green for a month, Newcastle for two weeks, and all over the Borders - the amount of places we used to go to, I can't remember them all. its not they put it down. "This was originally a council estate, but several tenants have bought their houses. Nowadays, the biggest employers are call centres. He's on drugs as well, I think he's off it just now, but this has been hell. We use the community centres, the schools and people's homes. i dont know about you!,but one of the main reasons for coming back )+ marconi road (you might get raped with just driving down that street), BRIAN SMART,DRUM MAJOR IN LOCAL PIPE BAND,SEVERE DRINKING PROBLEM,MADE HIM PISS. The Rev Ian M Aitken, Church of Scotland "I'm surprised we've come out on the list of the 22 unhealthiest wards in the UK. GAIL MORRICE THE PROSTITUTE UGLY ONE AT THAT, all the snobs end up the smack heeds here. The problem is getting worse in this area.". We are read by an informed, educated readership who can add their knowledge and insights to our stories. End of twitter post by BBC North East Scot, Local councillor Brian Topping does not think Fraserburgh deserved its reputation. Frederick Stewart (18361889): educationist and colonial administrator in Hong Kong. 1886: Lytham St. Annes: 13. The club celebrated their 150th anniversary in 2012 and in the same year succeeded in gaining promotion to Grade 2. Beaches, Outdoor. Those killed were Coxswain John Stephen, Mechanic Frederick Kirkness and crew members William Hadden, James R.S. It is important that we continue to promote these adverts as our local businesses need as much support as possible during these challenging times. the worst thing thit his happened in marconi road since av bayed heer wiz a fire n at wiz an electrical fault n it leest it is named efter a famous person.n choiky chiken bides in moray road am meen yi niver heer naebidy gan o at bloody moray road junkies or hamilton road junkies. They take you out, talk to you, try to solve all your stuff. "We decided not to have a church building. jannie mannie is not here any more he was a babe, the amount o tinks ir is in i broch wi shid a get rid o im.the wini manage to read this as they are either out there face or cant aford a computer(DRIVE IM OUT). The differences between seasons are narrow as a result, with February averaging highs of 6.7C (44.1F) and August 17.2C (63.0F). (Wink, wink.) In the 1790s, Rev. Harry Cruden (18951967): Founder of Crudens Ltd, creator of postwar prefabricated housing, founder of the Cruden Foundation (1964). It's a definite improvement. The Fleming Trust (a charitable organisation) has helped renovate the houses, and the CRF has been marvellous for the community. I live with my girlfriend in a block of flats. I've lived here for more than 40 years. I went on a placement in the European Unit at James Watt college and was offered a modern apprenticeship which lasted two years. THE NEAR CONSTANT FEELING OF DREAD, FEAR AND LOATHING TOWARDS YOUR FELLOW MAN. academy, druggies, sluts doon i road on a saturday nite, nothing It's just me and my mum and my dog. But over the years people have listened to us, and I'm very happy about the improvement in dental awareness and the standard of oral hygiene. Fraserburgh's population boomed in the early 19th Century, from 2271 in 1811 to 2954 by 1831. EVERYBODY KNOWS EVERYBODY. The house is on three floors and we each have our own bedroom. "I think Govan has gone downhill. An icon of a block arrow pointing to the right. KYLE RAMSEY IN HIS 1.2 CORSA D PICKING UP THE 14 YEAR OLDS SELLING WHITE AND BROON AND TAKING M-KAT FOR A LIVING. The junkies that hang around everywhere why cant we just chuck them oot! Because I've lived there all my life, I just don't see it that way; it's just home. It was really late on a Sunday night and we decided to come to see what it was like. They're mostly council tenants, but there's talk of demolishing a lot of Seaton to build private housing. You may use this booking system to place direct bookings with third party accommodation providers. It was a thriving area, but the problems began when the British Aluminium factory closed five years ago. SMACKHEEDS! The club were relegated to Grade 2 in 2015, and have remained there to the present. "It's a very mixed community in terms of age range; a lot of young families, a lot of people who have lived here since the community was established 50 years ago. when i came back to the broch i found it even more beatiful than i remembered. People don't want flats, so we are demolishing the remaining blocks and building cottagestyle houses, but you've got to do more than just provide houses. It is a shocking record: of the 25 poorest and unhealthiest areas in the UK, 22 are in Scotland. "My sister lives in a big bought house in Dykebar and she can't even chap her neighbours' doors. Since the accession of Poland and other eastern European countries to the European Union in 2004, there has been an influx of EU citizens to the town, with 5% of residents now speaking Polish as their first language, and a further 6% speaking other languages. From breaking news in and around the city, to traffic and travel and health, we've got you covered. [15], Fraserburgh is also notable for having the highest ever recorded wind speed in the UK at a low altitude. The 30-year-old joined FGR back in November and has gone onto make 24 appearances for the club who have since been relegated back to the fourth tier in England. Boarded up shoppies. I remember nipping into the pub in Renton, Winnies i think it was called, after a doo at the bowling club. WebRabbi Harold Kushner, author of 'When Bad Things Happen to Good People,' dies at 88. SO AMNY CLOSED MINDED PRICKS WHO HAVNA GOT A CLUE!!!! Det Ch Insp Lorna Ferguson said: "We will not tolerate individuals (drug dealers) coming into this area, we'll take action against them and we'll continue to proactively target them and make it a hostile environment for them.". The cooncillors mak' up shitey surveys to see 'what the people want' and fiddle results to suit themselve- hence that feckin' squint fish ootside Thortons. Maybe one thing we lack is a community centre, although a lot of different things happen in different places. Following the opening of the Borders Railway in September 2015, Fraserburgh became the most distant town in UK from the rail network, leading to calls for the lifted track to be reinstated. I used to work as a hospital cleaner at the weekends, but I decided I didn't need to do it because I could do without a lot of things and live off what I'd got. The Ashgrove data zone to the north of Aberdeen city centre includes the Sainsbury's on Berryden Road and the surrounding area, while the Dundee district is based around The Howff cemetery. She was the city's first female Labour councillor and the first female bailie. [22], Strichen Community Park, near Fraserburgh. We run a street football programme in Garthdee and other poorer areas of Aberdeen, plus other programmes during the school holidays. It's bad enough being unemployed without being treated like that. I'm proud of myself.". They'll have people who don't contribute to the area, who go into Glasgow for their social life and work, and there is no housing for poor people. Those ads you do see are predominantly from local businesses promoting local services. *Exhale*, yes fraserburgh has become a shit hole to stay why because all the dealers get off with all that they do so why not report them time and time again then may be all the fat arsed coppers will rise off there butts and maybe answer there phone and do something about it, the broch is a total fucking shite hole and so are all the people in it you stupid fucking tinky bastards wasting yer time bitchin in moanin a the fuckin time get a life ye sheep shaggin wankers (baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa). She has lived in the area for 30 years with her husband, Ian, 61. "To be honest, I knew absolutely nothing about this area before I moved here. In 1601, Fraserburgh became a burgh of regality. "Luckily, both my boys were crazy about football and played every night. When we first came here, dental neglect was rife. recieve,i mean you said it all in your beautifully constructed "South Inch does have problems. MSPs will discuss controversial proposals for highly protected marine areas (HPMAs) on Tuesday, which could limit fishing in more than 10 per cent of Scotlands waters. This booking system and any information appearing on this page relating to the availability of any accommodation is provided by third parties and not by VisitScotland. "Over the past 10 years I got stuck in a rut. SMACKHEEDS! Now we all have our own space. is a junior football club that plays in the Scottish Junior Football North First Division. Muriel Miller, 69, is chair of the Federation of Residents' Associations in Perth and Kinross. In 1803, the original 1571 church building was replaced and enlarged, to a design by Alexander Morrice,[8] to seat 1,000 people. "Being Australian, I've been amazed that, although this is an area of social deprivation, the community is amazingly well-organised. B&B in duke street gets checked by dogs for drugs including Wills blondes, the junkies and a the dicks o folk back stabbers. I used to go to fitness classes. The main mystery in any TV drama about a murder - or murders - is usually whodunit. WebFraserburgh. the worst things n i broch iz abidy ka n marconi road fin nithing bad iver happens n abidy seems t think thit the hale o marconi road is tinx fin it is jist i tap.it pisses me aff fin hamiltin road his loads o junkies samariy sword attacks forners tryn t get little kwines in t thir cars n i phone boxes were alwas being smashed n lawdy miss clawdy bides mare or less er.n then r is moray road am meen a the fuckn junkies thit bide er am meen sum fok thit bide er dina hay carpets or widen fleers jist concrete. The 30-year old only joined the Dons back in January, but has played a huge part in the club's resurgence under Barry Robson, who are now strong favourites to finish third. I went for an interview and was accepted for the year-long course. Police were called to a property in the Hilton area after reports of disturbance and concern for a man. "I'm going to Spain in four weeks with my ma and my uncles. EVERYTHING NO WONDER NOONE WANTS TO STAY HERE. WebFraserburgh has a marine climate heavily influenced by its proximity to the sea. "They had a school in there, inside the building. Being the busiest fishing port in the country it is also the proud holder of the much-vaunted mainland British wind speed record - a whopping 144 mph.

Did Jackie From Roseanne Die In Real Life, Articles T