super lube grease alternative

super lube grease alternative

In addition to being a signifier that the product was created responsibly, a Kosher Certified product can be used in conjunction with other Kosher products without violating any religious codes, increasing the versatility of its application. Switches are open systems that are open to the air, dust, and temperature. It can be used for linear and tactile switches. WD40 Alternatives (Lube, Penetrating Oil, Degreaser) This grease also has automotive and fishing applications. All rights reserved. it doesn't have to be superlube. Box 405, Bohemia, New York 11716-0405, Copyright 2023 Super Lube. Grease was sealed. Screenshot From the manuf we site. So I live in South Africa and it costs around 70 dollars or so to import a can. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen. Superlube is known for its Silicon lube, and to my understanding, Silicon lubricants are not good for metal-to-metal applications. I haven't seen any difference between the silicone greases for use in door/window seals/moldings. r/hotas on Reddit: Lube/Nyogel alternatives No desoldering, no removing We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Tape mod. I have not used this on door seals. Kosher Certification means that a product adheres to Jewish religious dietary law, which include cleanliness, purity and quality in the manufacturing process. See in store for details. Prevents rust and corrosion while reducing friction. Super Lube Multi-Purpose Grease with Syncolon (PTFE) - 3 oz. The o-ring stay firmly in place and seals perfectly without overthightening. The price fluctuates based on the location. I've been using Superlube Multi-Purpose Synthetic Grease, at the recommendation of folks here. /TMMastercard and World Mastercard are registered trademarks, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. For linear switches, a 205 of 206 may be better. It is great for linear switches, tactile switches, springs, and stabilizers. $28.48 $ 28. Jan 14, 2011. Here is our recommended lube options for clicky switches: To help you with your lubing journey, you can check out our other post on how to lube your switches. Since stabilizers need a thick and viscous grease we have found that a pretty basic dielectric grease gets the job done. This chart is info for the grease version (I'm not certain but I think the different numbers for the product like 21030 / 41150 are just to indicate different packaging for the same grease product, and each section indicates a different viscosity / NLGI consistency number):https://www.super-lube.com/multi-purpose-synthetic-grease-with-syncolon-ptfe, Chart for the oil version:https://www.super-lube.com/multi-use-synthetic-oil-with-syncolon-ptfe, Chart for the aerosol version:https://www.super-lube.com/multi-purpose-lubricant-with-syncolon-ptfe, Compatibility chart for Super Lube:https://www.super-lube.com/Content/Images/uploaded/documents/Compatability%20Charts/Super%20Lube%20Compatability%20Chart%20for%20both%20Grease%20and%20Oil.pdf, Scan this QR code to download the app now, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgeRxaG1PsU, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PzeLaHzA94, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NLGI_consistency_number, https://www.super-lube.com/multi-purpose-synthetic-grease-with-syncolon-ptfe, https://www.super-lube.com/multi-use-synthetic-oil-with-syncolon-ptfe, https://www.super-lube.com/multi-purpose-lubricant-with-syncolon-ptfe, https://www.super-lube.com/Content/Images/uploaded/documents/Compatability%20Charts/Super%20Lube%20Compatability%20Chart%20for%20both%20Grease%20and%20Oil.pdf. But not for steel to steel contacts. The NSF Registration number for this product is 156444. Super Lube Railroad Grease is an NSF registered Food Grade lubricant, rated H1 for incidental food contact and meets USDA 1998 H1 guidelines. the Singer oil would almost certainly work, as long as you are aware that you will have to clean the rods and add oil more frequently than you would re grease, then, that would be the option I would suggest using. The only thing I could find that was readily available in north america was lubriplate aero: https://www.lubriplate.com/Products/Grease/Multi-Purpose-Greases/AERO/AERO/. Krytox lubricants have different viscosity ratings based on the numbers after them. And would it still be compatible with the Super Lube 92003 and okay to mix together? Another option is the Krytox 206G switch lubricant. Reviewed in Canada on February 25, 2021, Reviewed in Canada on February 23, 2021, Reviewed in the United States on June 5, 2021, If you don't want a petroleum sensitive rubber O ring to turn to mush, Reviewed in the United States on December 28, 2022, Excellent for "O" rings and as a general lubricating grease, Reviewed in the United States on December 11, 2022, Reviewed in the United States on February 14, 2021, Reviewed in the United States on April 14, 2021. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. My last tube was bought at the hobby shop. Consider these alternative items. and blue and gold lube. If anyone could give a different lubrication substitution that's cheaper (That doesn't include Kyrotox) that would be very much appreciated. Maybe if there's graphite or MoS2 mixed in with the grease that can be avoided. Comparison of SuperLube vs SilGlyde vs ShinEtsu? In addition, here is a great picture guide on exactly where to lube on the housing, stem, and spring. The tire producer / manufacturer of the tires you are buying, and Canadian Tire is responsible for the recycling fee that is included in your invoice. Mar 24, 2016. I use the super web grease on everything, bb threads, bottom bracket, axle, etc. You can unsubscribe at any time. Shell Turbo Series Cross Reference. Make sure it has "PTFE" in it. Super Lube Grease Dielectric, Synthetic 3 Oz. Usda Authorized Tube For some additional guides on how to lube your switches, check out Top Clacks article, TaeHa Types video, and cijanzens video. The only thing is super lube 51004 is also out of stock. Silicone Lubricating Grease with Syncolon (PTFE) - Super Lube Best Seller TESTED . Super Lube Greases are dielectric, clean, food grade lube. | Super Lube Substitution? : r/MechanicalKeyboards - Reddit 2008-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I am trying to fined a lubricant that I can find on Amazon so i can get it immidiately through same day with free shipping. Login, Specialty Products | Specialty Lubricants, Product Displays, Box Displays & Accessories. That is one thing that you DO NOT do to a customer. You cannot collect paper Canadian Tire Money on bonus offers. Grade 0 is the smoothest consistency. As technology progresses, lubricants are subjected to greater extremes in operating speeds along with . Many people within the mechanical keyboard community rave about Krytox lubricants for the purpose of switches. A little but on an artist's brush in all the contact points for each key made all of the the clicking and clacking vanish. Currently they have a deal where you get 15% off with a purchase of 2 or more lubricant vials. Sorry, this webpage requires JavaScript to function correctly. It has the consistency of oil but contains PTFE particles as well. As a lubricant, this works fine. You cannot collect paper Canadian Tire Money on bonus offers. This article about choosing the best lube for your switches and stabilizers. The can was only 1/2 full. $10.67. https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/customer-service/ship-to-home.html. In addition, they offer a lubricant bundle of all three products for $19.29 CAD right now. We really like the Permatex lubricant 22058 on Amazon for a pretty cheap price. $12.49. Initially I was confused which of the SuperLube products the Prusa article is refering to. I use to buy this in a very small tube. The 3204, 204, and 104 can be used for either linear or tactile switches. Make sure that you do not overlube and test beforehand on a non-vital switch to make sure you like the way it feels before doing it to your entire keyboard.But it does dial down to preference and experimentation. That stuff is available on amazon and mcmaster so it should be easy to get for people in north america. Super Lube Silicone High-Dielectric & Vacuum Grease - 3 oz tube. Higher viscosity lubricants are better for linear switches. Water dripped out constantly. For what you pay, you expect it to be filled all the way. #5. /TMUnless otherwise noted, all trademarks are owned by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited and are used under licence. This product is recommended for lubricating stabilizers ONLY. Rewards are in the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money (CT Money). Which one to use? $16.49 $ 16. Super Lube's Grease is also an alternative to Krytox 205g0, although a bit thinner than the 205. By applying lubricant, you will change the sound of them and if youre not exact with your application of the lubricant, it will make your switches all sound slighly different. This is recommended for tactile switches. Wonderful grease for use where a petroleum or lithium base grease is not indicated. The can was only 1/2 full. Login, Specialty Products | Specialty Lubricants, Product Displays, Box Displays & Accessories, Multi-Purpose Synthetic Grease with Syncolon (PTFE). Any unpaid portion not received by the due date will no longer form part of the equal payments plan and interest will accrue on that amount from the day after the date of your next statement at the applicable regular annual rate. The thought of having a buttery smooth and perfectly actuating switches probably makes you quite excited, but before you get ahead of yourself, you need to understand that lubricating a switch will change the way it sounds and feels forever. Lubrication Engineering is a proud distributor of Super Lube Products in Australia. T. theobz Discussion Starter . The majority of Super Lube Synthetic Greases contain Syncolon (PTFE) which is one of the most slippery surfaces (lowest coefficient of friction) known to man. Lubricating the O-Ring with Super Lube Silicone O-Ring Grease in dynamic and pneumatic applications extends the equipments service life. You could use the oil version, I have used it many times to free up and Lube enclosed type bearings that are failing as a temporary fix, it works well in this respect, but it does not last as long on surfaces. If you still have a question, use our contact form here. Anyone know if this one is included in the recommendation list? ASIN : B005R2NIIC : Customer Reviews: 4.8 out of 5 stars 357 ratings. It is compatible with most plastics and rubbers. Is there really any difference between the two? Remember to use less when starting out, not more. Youll notice how much better they sound and feel. 3. Easy to use took about 5 minutes total, Reviewed in Canada on December 5, 2020. Rewards are in the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money (CT Money). Keyboard lovers Clicking and Clacking in a content rich, friendly place. Tribosys 3203, which is like Krytox 203g0. Most of the time, every so often, I'll put a drop of generic hardware store synthetic machine oil on each of the rods. Error posting question. Every so many so-oftens I'll rub a dab of the Superlube on the rods. I was looking into just using a mixture of super lube since the kyrotox in my area is crazy expensive and not very accessible right now. Super Lube - Lubrication Engineering *The Triangle Rewards Program is owned and operated by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. 2023 Copyright Canadian Tire Corporation. CANADIAN TIREand the CANADIAN TIRE Triangle Design are registered trade-marks of Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. i've not used many alternatives. When this happens, we feel cheated. Multi-Purpose Synthetic Grease with Syncolon (PTFE) - 21030. The 30x for Triangle Mastercard, World Mastercard and World Elite Mastercard customers consists of the 10x everyday plus a 20x bonus. Privacy and Terms $16.49 $ 16. Prices range from $8.00 to $9.25. From an online forum, they tested that this lubricant was safe for plastic. The Best Lube for your Mechanical Keyboard Switches: The Best Lube for your Mechanical Keyboard Stabilizers: Those are our top picks for switch & stabilizer lubricants to save you time if all youre looking for is the product. One thing to note that the oils and the PTFE solids within the lubricant separates after a few days. This for the switches 1 _vastrox_ 2 yr. ago for switches you will need something special like krytox 205g0 or tribosys 3204. Shell Thermia Oil C Cross Reference. Theyre popular lube mixes and have an indefinite shelf life when stored within the container. any dielectric grease will work. Super Lube 21010 Synthetic Multi-Purpose Grease with PTFE 1/2 - Amazon CT Money is collected on the pre-tax amount of the purchase. Long lasting. They offer Tribosys 3204 and 3203 (5ml for $35), Krytox GPL 205g0 (5g for $25, approximately 300 switches), GH V4 thick or thin lube (2ml for $15). | Financing available is Equal payments, no interest for 24 months (unless otherwise stated) and is only available on request, on approved credit and on purchases of $150 (unless otherwise stated) or more (Gift Cards excluded) made with your Triangle credit card at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Marks, Lquipeur, Atmosphere, Sports Rousseau, Hockey Experts, LEntrept du Hockey and participating Sports Experts. I believe It's a light grade, why not give it a try! Neighbors cat wouldnt stay off our fence . so I nice coat of this lube all over the fence did the trick 5 . Privacy and Terms I have successfully used LM2 Yellow Lithium Grease,TF2 White lithium grease andSlug SLime Precision oil in different printers. A: Start by downloading the MSDS. And, so I do, The product works nice, but you are in the end paying double for it, since they only fill the can 1/2 way. Its really annoying, since nothing fits right. Shipping fees apply. This worked great for re-lubing my Fatar TP/100 LR keybed parts. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Since the printer application is not high load or food contact, I tried to find a grease close to their 'G" type which is a lithium grease with a lighter than average base oil (30 cSt). Triangle credit cards are issued by Canadian Tire Bank. Krytox GPL 205g0, which is thicker than both above and recommended for linear switches only, NOT tactile switches. For helical grease, the most common ones you will find are 10 (light) and 30 (medium). 1Up Keyboards also sells a variety of switch lubes. So I just finished ordering all my mechanical keyboard parts except for the lube for my Helios linear switches. This is why the "Big Boy" use it. For a linear switch, you want a thicker viscosity, our favorite lubricant for a linear switch is the Krytox 205G switch lubricant on Kebo Store. They also sell Christo-Lube MCG for $8 for a 5ml container. Synthetic base fluids and the addition of Syncolon (PTFE) micro powders combine to form a premium lubricant that provides longer life protection against friction, wear, rust and corrosion over a temperature range of -45F to 450F (-43C to 232C). He emailed Super Lube, and they emailed him back, saying that you can combine both the Oil and the Multi-Purpose Grease to get the desired viscosity that you want, although it does warrant some experimentation. tube with good results. They have bulk sales and discounts for every lube type, ranging from 5% off if you buy 3-4 units to 35% off if you buy 100 or more units. We have a full guide on how to band-aid, clip, and lube your stabilizers, so you can have an awesome sounding keyboard in no time. Listed are the same product in different packaging (I couldn't find the viscosity rating NLGI 0 version on amazon but they do have the NLGI 2 version if you want to buy that instead): https://www.super-lube.com/multi-purpose-synthetic-grease-nlgi-0-with-syncolon-ptfe-411600, https://www.super-lube.com/multi-purpose-synthetic-grease-nlgi-0-with-syncolon-ptfe-411500, https://www.super-lube.com/multi-purpose-synthetic-grease-nlgi-0-with-syncolon-ptfe-415800, https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-21030-Synthetic-Grease/dp/B000XBH9HI. Super Lube Multi-Purpose Synthetic Grease is an NSF registered Food Grade lubricant, rated H1 for incidental food contact andmeets USDA 1998 H1 guidelines. I don't know what grade of white lithium you can get hold of, if it is a light grade, it should work fine,If it is a heavy grade, then it may well make the the bearings drag which would not be good. i like the . Gun grease | Bob Is The Oil Guy Would be greate to know if they are safe for Prusa printers maintenace and if the are as good as Prusa lubricant. Sorry, we were unable to perform your search at this time. It has excellent water protection and it is a moisture barrier. Will not drip, run or evaporate, clean, non-toxic, non-staining. Is this similar to the White lithium product you had success with: I use it at work and home for many metal to metal applications and find it hard to beat. I leave it to you, my recommendation would be the SuperLube Grease, it is far more viscous and will stay in the bearings and on the rails for longer. It is formerly known as CaiLube MCL. There are several different factors to consider such as if the lubricant is an oil or grease, and the overall viscosity of the lubricant. Our newest member: KOMPOTKO Prevents rust and corrosion while reducing friction. The primary difference between the two comes down to the application. Grease can only be brushed on each individual part: housing, stem, and spring. It tested fine for Cherry MX Red switches since there is no click or tactile point on those switches. Thanks! These products contain essentially no VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) and are biodegradable. Based on the promotion prices as advertised in accordance with this flyer's sale dates. Be careful when using this because a spill cannot be cleaned with soap or water or many common solvents. Know more about our affliate disclosure terms. /TMSport Chek is a registered trademark of FGL Sports Ltd, used under licence. Mogul LV 2-EP is not available on Amazon.com. Items may be display models or not exactly as shown and may not be available in all stores. 4. of Detroit. Also I've seen Super Lube aerosols used as spray lube in mechanical keyboard build youtube videos: https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-31110-Aerosols-Multi-Purpose/dp/B0016GTSBY. If you do want to lube your clicky swithes, we recommend the Krytox 105 Switch Lubricant. In what applications should Super Lube not be used? This product is dielectric, food grade and clean. The lower the number, the less viscous. Theyre intended for general purpose and low thickness switch lubricants. Super Lube Silicone Lubricating Grease with Syncolon (PTFE) is NLGI Grade 2 and has a wider operating range than petroleum-based lubricants; -40F to 500F (-40C to 260C). The factory is not consistent nor thorough with the grease, so even a new keybed will benefit from a liberal application of this stuff. The lubricants are safe to use on plastic, and they are nonconductive. If anyone has experience with both products, especially if you have tried the NLGI 0 version of the Super Lube grease lube v. Krytox 205g0, please let me know how they compare. Unapproved Forum contains no unread posts SUPER LUBEMULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON(PTFE) - NSF Registration, SUPER LUBEMULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON(PTFE) - Kosher Certification, SUPER LUBEMULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON(PTFE) - Canadian Food Inspection Agency Approval, SUPER LUBEMULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON(PTFE) - RoHS Test Report, SUPER LUBEMULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON(PTFE) - E-Coli Test Report, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - Technical Data Sheet, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - Technical Data Sheet (Spanish), SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - Compatibility Chart, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - Endurance Test Report, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - English, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - Spanish, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - French, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - Dutch, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - Swedish, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - Italian, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - Czech, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - Polish, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - Korean, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - Chinese, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON(PTFE) - Malay, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON(PTFE) - Russian, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON(PTFE) - Hungarian, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON(PTFE) - Portuguese, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON(PTFE) - Thai, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON(PTFE) - Norwegian, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - WHMIS English, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - WHMIS French, SUPER LUBE MULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC UV GREASE WITH SYNCOLON (PTFE) - English, SYNCO LUBEMULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC GREASE WITH SYNCOLON(PTFE) - German, SYNCO LUBEMULTI-PURPOSE SYNTHETIC UV GREASE WITH SYNCOLON(PTFE) - German, P.O. 49. . Privacy Policy. Nope, feel free to lube them. Weve compiled a long list of different ones that may be more easily accessible at local stores or online.. A general consesus is to use thinner lube for switches and thicker for stabilizers. Super Lube Multi-Purpose Synthetic Grease is Kosher Certified. In addition, they have in-depth descriptions of each lubricant they sell, operating temperature, color, appearance, viscosity, density, and shelf life. We have two different methods depending on if you have soldering equipment or not. If you want to learn how to lube your switches, check out the full guide here. I had the same reaction when I received mine so I used a kitchen scale to weigh the conten, A: Multi-Purpose Synthetic Grease with Syncolon (PTFE), High Temperature E.P. Location Halifax UK. Copyright 2023 Super Lube. Stabilizers need a thick and viscous grease, not a thin one. Apex also sells Krytox 205g0 Switch Lube in 3ml vials for $10.29 CAD. Grease is the lube of choice for higher-load items like bearings and axles because it cushions parts. In general, switches require a slighly thinner lube, but that doesnt mean getting your can of canola spray from the kitchen. This is superlube grease with PTFE, and that is what us widely recommended for this task. Some vehicle restrictions may apply. We have purchased switch films from them in the past and had no issues with shipping or receiving the product on time. With oil, you have the option of mass-lubing springs all in a bag while brushing the housing and stem. Tube : Batteries Included? As mentioned breifly before, the viscosity of the lubricant is important depending on the type of switch you are lubing, so well go over some of our recommendations for the best products. If youre going this route, make sure to do some trial mixes and test it on a non-valuable switch before applying it to all the switches of your keyboard. Solved I got 400 grams of Superlube PTFE grease for $15 !!!! This article ( https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/i3-printers-regular-maintenance_2072) recommends: GLEIT- HF 400 and Mogul LV 2-EPare hard to find in my area. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. Other thick lubricants include dielectric grease, silicone grease, lithium grease, and Extreme Fluoro by Finish Line (Amazon), but they will all work well for your stabilizers. (exact same lube) The price was about half of what this large container was! Super Lube Synthetic Greases are patented, multi-purpose synthetic lubricants, which last longer and outperform conventional petroleum-based greases. The Geekhackers Krytox Switch Lube is a proprietary blend of Krytox lubricants, which is custom mixed by mkawa @ Geekhackers. Well talk about how lubricant impacts each switch type. Certifications. most stuff i've tried attracts too much crap. It will not melt or separate. Meets former USDA (H1) guidelines. Lubing switches is already a time-consuming process, but we want to do what we can to make it quicker. Privacy and Terms For more information, check out their switch lubricant product page. D. Trust us, you wont regret it. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. Can this grease be used on vehicle brake caliper pins? Impervious to salt water, safe in potable water. There is no administration fee charged for entering into a special payments plan. Grease, Gear Oils & Lubricants | Canadian Tire

Soliciting Via Text Texas, Articles S