moda blockheads 2 layout

moda blockheads 2 layout

Moda Blockheads 2 Cooee by Jenelle Kent of Pieces to Treasure is Block 2 for Blockheads. Ive really enjoyed the tips given by some of the designers along the way. Free quilt along Blockheads 2020, Block 56: Star DanceFabrics used in this block are from Zen Chic by Moda, SPOTTED and MORE PAPER LOW VOLUMES. Making two rows of repeating elements of these made the quilt wide enough for me mattress. There are twenty-eight Designer blocks, and eight Bonus blocks. Sew Alongs Theyve made my HSTs so much more accurate and quick to do. Criss Cross Kisses That color combination will look fabulous in my house. Its hard not to get hung up on if everything will come together. :). Some of the teal/aquas that would work well here are Seafoam, Peacock, Pond, Turquoise, Ocean, Horizon. This is Corey of Coriander Quilts , and Im excited to be sharing my block with Meet Mario Navar You know the saying, The stars aligned? Well, that seems to be the case with Mario as Hello all, so excited to introduce m newest booklets. To keep track of all the blog posts, Designer setting options, and other Blockheads-related posts, the best resource is - Blockheads 4 Archive. Multiple Background and Assorted Lights/Mediums/Darks: Assorted prints for Background = 18 to 20 Fat Quarters of scraps to total approximately 5 yards, Assorted Lights/Mediums/Darks for blocks and Background = 48 to 50 Fat Quarters or scraps to total approximately 13-14 yards, WOW - 3 blocks today - Block 16, 17, & 18. Hope your having a wonderful trip! This is a listing of the blocks in this round. To keep track of all the blog posts, Designer setting options, and other Blockheads-related posts, the best resource is -Blockheads 4 Archive. How to participate? I have learned that too many prints in a 6 block doesnt work. Fringe Quilt I already have borders and backing for its current size. Welcome to Our Garden Rolling Petals Sew Along! Know that you touch many people! Of course, we are not going to disappoint you. The half square triangles are 3 x 6" finished size and the square blocks were made with leftover pieces from my other blocks in the quilt top. BH4 - Block 4 | modafabrics.com It was corrected but it wasn't uploaded in time. Village Quilt And like your layout with the smashing in it. I love your block with all the little half square triangles-my favorites! Enjoy Valencia..they have the best paella! The designer of that last block is Joanna Figueroa of figtreeandcompany.com. Take Flight with Twisted Geese: A Fun Twist on the Classic Flying Geese Block. 100 Blocks You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. that demand 1st priority but hoping there will be a bit of a slow down at some point that will mean time for my blocks. (We know that Tammy stacks more than four squares when she's sewing at home.). I love your finishing of the blocks! The . Welcome to the Moda Blockheads - Round 4! Thanks for all you do! It IS your grandmother's quilt! !It is the final block to the mysteryclick here to go and print your block 52! 8, Crown and Star by Betsy Chutchian - Block No. Giveaway Stack the half-triangle squares as shown with the corner points of the squares - or the drawn line - placed on a line of the cutting mat as shown. 1 by Michelle White, -----------------------------------------. Ive only had time to make a few, but have saved every one. Organization I am often asked how much yardage do I need if I dont Hello, Quiltalongers! Thanks for your participation, so much fun each week! Where is the instructions for Blockhead 14? July 2021 Thank you for all your hard work! Making only one block (sometimes it was 3) blocks a week let me have the luxury of time to do some great piecing! The House Block is Joanna Figueroa's Block 4 Alternate. Ive learned that I really like scrappy, sampler quilts with different sized blocks! Red Velvet. Lol. I learned your technique for starching fabrics for piecing small blocks accurately.came in very handy so thank you so much. Hi Lorie - I'm sorry but we can't add you to the Newsletter e-mail list, you have to fill out the form and submit it yourself. Don't be shy about sharing your work because I love seeing the variety of blocks and the different designs that you all come up with it! Sew remaining border strips on top and bottom; trim ends to form exact corners. I used Primitive Gatherings fabrics and will set the blocks using your alternate layout. Category: Moda Blockheads 2 - Robin Pickens Have not started. Learned alot especially picking fabrics and color. 10, Nine-Patch by Laurie Simpson - Block No. Thanks to all of the designers!!!! Its a tremendous help on small pieces. Lisa, Ive learned sooooon much. Sunshine happiness. Creative Grids Rulers I have learned how to press open seams so they lay better then ever before. To use the same block placement as the quilt in the Final image, we have included a diagram with numbered blocks - e.g., Block 38 goes here. I did Moda BH2 in 2 colorways and have done over 3/4 off the blocks twice! Youre lucky youre missing out on this new system! Assembly Lay out the pieces for one quarter as shown. Ive finished half of the blocks. Kinship Fusion Sampler I still have far to go but am so inspired by the layouts and looking forward to finishing. Im super excited as Ill be able to visit your store in Murrieta this summer! Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. Rulers/templates Loved BH1 and BH2. Read on for more info on how to get started, including a palette of Bella Solids and a temperature tracker download. The lady I bring my quilts to let them quilted is Rachel Hauser from Stichedincolor.com in the Netherlands. This means 4 big blocks in center, 20 small blocks next and 12 big blocks in the outer row. This has been so much fun. Moda Fabric © 2023. BH4-Block 26-Corey Yoder | modafabrics.com So far I have made around 25 blocks using Halloween fabrics. I am so, so happy you posted a layout idea. I Have All 52 Blocks Done! I have been stalled at Block 26 (life keeps happening) but am working on finishing the whole quilt! What I learned from this sew-along i that I really need to stay on track otherwise Im lost;-). As last year we have these well known Moda designers on board: Lynne Hagmeier of Kansas Troubles - Betsy Chutchian - Jan Patek - Jo Morton - Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings. You might have some sewing to finish up Hello, all my Granny Square/ Family Reunion QAL'er's. Life is the way. February 2018 That is great. Seize The Day Calendars I have not made a single block but I do try to do something quilty every day. Thirty-six seemed like a really good number, and it gives everyone a few options. June 2017 Giftware & Home Decor well, no blocks done although fabric choices have been made. I'm so happy they're back, and better than ever. March 2022 Thank you. Ive collected all the patterns, and pulled fabrics five or six times. 11/14/2018 Update: If you are looking for the Moda 2017 Blockheads, our free pattern page has been removed by request. November 2017 However, Ive printed out all the directions and the blocks that you have finished to give me a starting point for my fabric choices. Other blocks are cut ready to start. This is Corey of Coriander Quilts , and Im excited to be sharing my block with Meet Mario Navar You know the saying, The stars aligned? Well, that seems to be the case with Mario as Hello all, so excited to introduce m newest booklets. Don't miss the other blockheads involved in this project: Betsy ChutchianCorey Yoder of Coriander QuiltJanet ClareJan PatekJen KingwellJoanna Figueroa of Fig TreeJo MortonLaurie SimpsonLisa Bongean of Primitive GatheringsLissa Alexander of Moda Lynne Hagmeier of Kansas TroublesMe & My Sister DesignsRobin PickensSherri McConnell of A Quilting LifeStacy Iest HsuVanessa Goertzen of Lella BoutiqueCarrie Nelson. While I am doing my BH4 in scrappy Civil War reproductions I wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed reading and studying your color studies. I have learned how to think outside the box in colors and putting the blocks together. I have only the last 2 blocks to finish and have parts 1 and 3 together. MODA Blockheads:Block #7 | Fresh Figs Block Heads 3 - Archive | Page 2 | modafabrics.com I watched BH1 from a distance but decided to get into BH2 and had so much fun. If you want to continue to see these great projectsyou have to be a part of it too! Coconut. We will keep this link in each week's post here ON OUR BLOG as a resource. Life is crazyso I have no blocks made, zero-zilch. I have my first grandbaby on the way, so next quilt is a baby quilt! September 2022 Thanks Project Jelly Roll 2 to go and Im hoping to do them today. We are almost done with this Moda Blockheads Quilt Along. I love to see the variety of color used by each designer. I always follow you and your fabric line with my credit card !! I am doing a little catch up from last week as well as adding this week's block too. Whether you're making half-triangle squares to size, or making them larger, Moda Tammy has a terrific way quickly cutting the squares apart. We promised to share the list of the Moda Blockheads for Round 4. And Moda will blog and tell who the designer and block is. We are currently preparing our very first very own Zen Chic Sew Along which will start this spring! October 2015 Love your setting! I learned new skills and will use them over and over again. I always try to learn something new when I do a new quilt. Thanks! Im afraid Ive only gotten to block 30. We need to put it all together. Blockheads 4 starts on Wednesday, March 23, and ends on Wednesday, September 28, 2022. This uses thirty-six (36) 9" finished blocks in a straight setting with sashing. They all are printed and resting peacefully in a notebook-ready for when things slow down just a little. Will the quilt work with a single background? May 2016 Thatched Basics BH4 - Block 2 | modafabrics.com Thank you. Not a one! How time has flown by! Lisa, thank you so much for your contributions to the stitch a long. (The block instructions are also linked below, and in theBlockheads 4 Archive.). Halloween It's September, it's National Sewing Month, and this is what's on our calendar. This You'll have to read the Block 2 instructions to learn the origin of the name. Have a look at her block for our sampler quilt. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Etsy Color And Quilt Shop Moda Blockheads 3 Thanks to you for the inspiration!! I'm so glad you enjoy the color studies. Ive learned that I CAN do teeny, futzy blocks, but Ive also learned that I need to retire before I can do them well. Sew squares together to rows and join rows to build the quilt center, which should be 60 1/2" x 60 1/2" including seam allowances. There's NO SEWING! I am often asked how much yardage do I need if I dont Hello, Quiltalongers! Quilt Settings I was also introduced to new designers I hadnt seen before so much fun! It has been fun! Dont miss Modas Giveaway to win a Layer Cake from the designer of the week! No. Love doing Moda Blockheads 1 and 2. Lisa I sure hope you get to enjoy some of Spain. This is the drawing of the finished quilt - it measures 72" x 78". I finished block 51 on Monday. I kept up til January then my time became busy with making Quilt of Valor quilts to be displayed in a dinner in the orchard fund raiser for our local vets museum. Its a little bit sad, we have had so much fun together making our sampler quilt. November 2022 Learned alot of different block styles and techniques. Block Heads 3 - Archive | modafabrics.com :), http://www.unitednotions.com/BH3_14-Joanna-Figueroa-Summer-Breeze.pdf, Hi Stephanie - They're all here. I use your fabrics often. And were getting close to the end of our Moda Blockheads quilt along. I need a smaller project. Sewcialites Let's make some holiday ornaments for decorating and gift giving. Round 4 Moda Block Heads, Block 18 - Coriander Quilts Free Quilt Along: Moda Blockheads 2018, Round 2 Thanks so much for being a part of the SAL. Color Play Quilts Many thanks to all the designers for giving of their time and talents. Chocolate. BH3! This lettered quilt block makes for a perfect Valentine project. 11, Windmill by Stacy Iest Hsu - Block No. Pansy's Posies Sliding Shoji Screens In past years, I've done color studies with some of the different blocks and I plan on doing that this year as time allows. Something else may interrupt my plan. The bitty Cooee blocks - 4" finished. Valerie @ Quilts and Treasures in Massachusetts, Love Blockheads have completed 2 now working on 3. This time its one from Joannas line Fig & Shirtings. Red Velvet. Block Heads 3 is here and we've got some new wrinkles this year. Blockheads 4 Designers! Moda Blockheads Round 4 Line-Up Block 1: Lynn Hagmeier of Kansas Troubles Quilters (March 23, 2022) Square Wheel Block Block 2: Jenelle Kent of Pieces of Pieces to Treasure (March 30, 2022) Cooee Block Block 3: Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson (April 6, 2022) Kouign Amann Block Block 4: Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs (April 13, 2022) Spinner Since I havent started making blocks for this quilt yet, maybe Ill start next Wednesday and make my first bunch of blocks. Use this link to sign-up - and don't forget to click the little box for the blog: https://modafabrics.com/inspiration-resources/newsletter, Love the block- came together quickly. I have finished 26 blocks which I guess is exactly half. December 2018 Newsletter & Adding: If you'd like to receive the Inspiration+Resources Blockheads posts on Wednesday via e-mail, you will need to sign up here - Newsletter Blog Sign-Up. I have all the blocks completed except for block 52 which posted today. Having just built a home and moved in last fall, I just got back to quilting a month ago after not sewing for a year. listed below are some of our upcoming We're counting down the days until Saturday - September 18! Is it still available? Thanks for all the designers who have done this. Oh Robin, thank you for these wonderful color studies! Bear Creek Quilting Company. The link is listed under that block and I'm including it here -https://blog.figtreeandcompany.com/moda-blockheads-4-alternate-blocks/. Thank you and all the other designers. Yay! Moda has teamed up with Martingale Publishing and published a book for Moda 2017 Blockheads Block Patterns with finishing instructions. listed below are some of our upcoming We're counting down the days until Saturday - September 18! The yardage and cutting for that size quilt is in the instructions. I have been stalled at Block 26 (life keeps happening) but am working . A huge thank you to you and all the Blockheads for their designs and all they do! Many years ago, probably about 20 or so, I made a Postage Stamp quilt using Kansas Troubles fabrics. Doing some piecing and/or a little applique EVERY WEEK is making me a better quilter. Toward the end, we will make some final alternations but this will be our general layout throughout the program. Read on for more info on how to get started, including a palette of Bella Solids and a temperature tracker download. I have LOVED reading the designers blogs, their color choices and methods and familiarizing myself with fabric lines and patterns they create. Calendars September 2014 I learned to better trust myself to make small changes to the blocks/layout of the quilt, individualizing it to make it my own. are the spacers 2.5 in strips? I have taken the suggestion from Jo Morton of clipping the seams to be able to stagger the seams when setting the blocks together. Fat Quarter Quilts Woot! Only two blocks left! We did it! Ive stayed caught up with BH2! I have completed all 52 blocks and sewn each of the four quadrants together. December 2022 There is quite a range. The Moda All-Stars like cake. I still have about a dozen to go. The link to the Designer blog will be added on Wednesday, and the link to the block instructions will be added on Friday. listed below are some of our upcoming We're counting down the days until Saturday - September 18! I love the different sizes of blocks that are included. Still working on Blockheads 1, plus a dozen or so other ufos. This was a huge stretch for me to choose random block colors without knowing how they will all come together Thank you and the other designers for the challenge =) This will be a treasure and a story to share one day as many prayers, for my beautiful adult girls, are wrapped in these blocks as I cut & sewed each week! There are a few notes about using this layout for a larger quilt, but yardage and cutting hasn't been calculated. Thatched Crimson and Scarlet pair with Sprig, Pine, Spruce and Sprout. Take your time. Tutorials I have completed 51 blocks. Robin, YOUR OTIONS OF DOING THIS FIRST BLOCK ARE CREATIVE AND BEAUTIFUL HI FROM MEXICO CITY, Hi right back! June 2013 Hi, Lisa. Each part is assembled sepa-rately, and then joined to complete the top. MATERIALS NEEDED: (we used fabrics from my line Paper and More Paper), for the quilt center background: 4 assorted Low Volumes, each 3/8 yard, for the border: 2 3/8 yard of a low volume (could be the same print you're using for the quilt center background), 5/8 yards for binding (I picked a bright red from my line Spotted), From the assorted fabrics for the center background, cut a total of 40 squares, each 6 1/2" x 6 1/2", For the border, split your border fabrics lengthwise in 4 equal strips, which should be about 10 1/2" x 85" (they are slightly longer, so you can adjust them to the actually needed length later). Take care! I've been married to the love of my life Nick, since 1998 when we started our crazy adventure together! Moda Blockheads Round 4 Line-Up. Need to check my details and sew my corner sample to double check and I'll be posting more details on the settings and what fabric it needs, sizes, etc, in a couple weeks. Glad you like the setting idea and you did not miss it. Moda grandmothers share the pleasures and inspiration sewing for their grandkids provides. I cant wait to see your finished BH2. February 2013 I do keep a page on my blog with references to past blocks (click on one and it takes you to the post). Deco Garden March 2019 My son is transferring back to Camp Pendleton in a few months and buying a house in the Temecula area. Welcome back to the Glimmer & Gleam quiltalong. We're releasing one new block a week for the remainder of the year. Color placement and selection, curved seams, tiny pieces, mirror images, pattern reading, attention to detail, persistence and most of all, I learned to let go of my strive for perfection and enjoy the process. endstream endobj 39 0 obj <> endobj 40 0 obj <. Sew two border strips to the left and right and shorten them so that they match the upper and lower edges. Thanks again! modafabrics Published: Sep 28 2022 - 02:00 Welcome to the Moda Blockheads - Round 4! does that count. If you search "corey layout" from within the group it pulls up some of them. Love your work. I only have 4 done! I need to do blocks 50-52. Fat Quarter Shop Sewing I have all the blocks completed with the exception being the last and final block! I did and decided to continue. March 2015 Let's go! Sure dont know everything so heres your something funny my youngest (the smart aleck!) :), Carrie, This is beyond awesome. I have learned, once again, that there just isnt enough time in the day for everything Id like to do! I think I have 20 of the blocks done. Be sure to check the box above E-mail Address for Moda Blog/Inspiration+Resources. I will be doing it soon. I am trying to finish four entries for my guilds quilt show. Its going to be so much fun to sew. (click above image for details)May Bunny is shopping (alphabetically) through NEW ARRIVALS! Cant wait to see the finished quilt. January 2021 Quilt Books Love all your patterns Havent done any Block Heads yet, busy finishing off my triangle gatherings Hoping to start soon Enjoy your time in Spain.. Irene, from a sunny Cyprus. for the border: 2 3/8 yard of a low volume (could be the same print you're using for the quilt center background). I have only one block left to complete. Thank you for your contributions to this endeavor. I think my accuracy has vastly improved and I feel a whole lot more proficient on those smaller pieces and actually enjoy them far more than the larger blocks. I love your color studies. Those little blocks are my addiction! I have other projects that need to get finished first. This is the FIRST stitch a long that I have participated in AND kept up to date (generally). August 2016 I want to THANK everyone who supported us during this SAL especially those of you who now FOLLOW US on our social media platforms, who BUY from us directly or The first fourteen blocks are all on this page with links to the designer blog post, and then to the PDF with the instructions.

Ucf Academic Calendar Fall 2022, Venezolanos Necesitan Visa Para Hacer Escala En Londres, Nbc California Live Hosts, Articles M