mazda water pump lawsuit

mazda water pump lawsuit

Disclaimer: Information on this site may be considered attorney advertising under your states laws and ethical rules. The next time they told me that the motor was more like 8 or 9 thousand dollars . at 108k. Water pump inside of motor which from the beginning was a recipe for disaster. The plaintiffs are represented by Kiesel Law, Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check, Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, The Miller Law Firm, Keil & Goodson, and the Edwards Firm. The car is sitting on a Dolan lot in Reno. The car wasnt finished by the end of a Thursday, we made arrangements to get the car the next day. Now at dealer for repairs taking over a month & @ a $6500 bill for parts/labor. Luckily I was still coasting in the right lane and able to get over to the shoulder before car stopped. Required fields are marked *. Always maintained at the dealer yet no one there ever thought to mention the problem or suggested a replacement within or even outside of the extended warranty to avoid the catastrophic failure. Bey claims Mazda and Denso are guilty of breach of express warranty and implied warranty of merchantability, among other things, and in violation of, among other things, Californias Consumers Legal Remedies Act and the states Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act. 8:19-cv-01298, in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. Find a location. Im not even getting into the cx3 basically same problem except this had no oil in motor when asked Thierry answers was they didnt know no oil leaks. Denso, despite issuing its recall, failed to take any corrective action itself and passed the issue off to vehicle manufacturers, the lawsuit says. that reports on class action lawsuits, class action settlements, Same exact issues. Upwards of 10,000 maybe more for repair. Our 2014 Cx9 simply stopped on my teenage son one day, no warning lights or temperature increase shown on gauge. I had just left the freeway and picked up my mom, when the car started shaking and stalled out. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Now im stuck with a car i cant drive and negative equity. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Realized all the antifreeze was gone. 1. The same thing happened to me. Already paid 3 times 250$ = 750$ for diagnostic confirmation. 2. CarComplaints.com will update our website if Mazda decides to settle the case or take it to trial. I would like to join the Class Action Lawsuit. Top Class Actions is a legal news source Shame on Mazda. Mazda received at least 58 warranty claims for failed water pump failures in 2009. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. CarComplaints.com has complaints about the Mazda vehicles named in the water pump lawsuit. No lights, no warning. The Mazda Fuel Pump Defect Class Action Lawsuit is Bey v. Mazda Motor of America, Inc., et al., Case No. It cost me 6,500$ for a used 2014 engine to replace it!!! Check out our list of Class Action Lawsuits and Class Action Settlements you may qualify to join! Despite knowing of this defect, Mazda continued selling defective vehicles, failed to disclose the defect to owners and lessees, has not issued a recall, and has not remedied the issue or compensated owners and lessees of the defective vehicles. The defect has and can continue to lead to deadly accidents, the complaint says. With vehicle claims, what to do can be a complicated decision, as it can depend on many factors. 400$ tow plus hotel and rental car! Top Class Actionss website and social media posts use affiliate links. It depends on how the class action settlement is structured, but in general, if you do not opt out of the settlement, you will be bound by its terms. If the Court approves a class action settlement, you will get the relief described in the class notice. The plaintiffs are represented by Kiesel Law, Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check, Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, The Miller Law Firm, Keil & Goodson, and the Edwards Firm. Sonneveldt et al. Another This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost " it "only" costs $550 average to fix. I don't know what the Mazda branded coolant label says. We are experiencing this right now! 2012 CX9 124,000 same thing happened, coolant leaked into engine. Also Mazda Service refuses to accept vehicle for repair as they claim they cant get the parts and I would need to wait at least 5 weeks before I could even get an appointment! Plaintiffs argue that they and the class were not told about the potential defect. Replaced engine for $10K. 2014 CX-9 119K water pump failure. If you desire to opt out of this action, your time to do so will be coming up shortly as described in the notice you will soon be receiving, but you will only have a limited time (approximately 45 days from the date notice is mailed) to decide whether to opt out of the class action lawsuit and proceed with your own individual lawsuit. I had just payed my mazda 6 off and thought Id be driving it for years more payment free. Previously loved Mazda, now since their denials of problems not so much. The automaker also allegedly won't reimburse owners who may pay thousands of dollars for repairs related to failed water pumps. The most complained about parts in the 2013 Mazda CX-9 include the engine, brakes, and airbags. I will never buy another Mazda again as they could care less. The Mazda Fuel Pump Defect Class Action Lawsuit is Bey v. Mazda Motor of America, Inc., et al., Case No. That was 2 years before the failure. We are hundreds of miles from home when 2014 cx9 shut off. According to the complaint, Mazda has failed to fix the alleged defect or issue a water pump recall and continues to uniformly breach the warranty. You could even qualify for two times your money back, depending on the circumstances. Online Form * denotes required fields Warning lights came on after steering locked up. The class action lawsuit alleges that hundreds of thousands of Mazda vehicles with the MZI Cyclone engine have a defect that causes the internal water pump to suddenly and prematurely fail well before the end of the useful life of the engine, leading to catastrophic engine failure or a costly replacement. If you want to bring your own lemon law claim, you can do so now or opt out when you receive notice, which likely will be sometime in March or April 2023. Car has been sitting in my garage for over a year. Service manager is not returning my calls. settlement administrator or your attorney for any updates regarding . My 2010 Cx-9 Grand Touring did the same thing yesterday on the interstate. How do we get added to this lawsuit? On top of that, the replacement water pump also failed. The defects must be important and must substantially impair the vehicles use, value, or safety. Civil Code 1793.22(e)(2). Engine is probably ruined. Mazda is great! CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. the content you have visited before, Advertising: Gather personally identifiable information such as name and location, Advertising: Use information for tailored advertising with third parties, Advertising: Allow you to connect to social sites, Advertising: Identify device you are using. My cx-9 water pump just went out causing major damage and very expensive to fix. The deadline to opt out of the class for residents of the eight states will likely be sometime in March or April 2023, but you will only have a limited time (approximately 45 days from the date notice is mailed) to decide whether to opt out of the class action lawsuit and proceed with your own lemon law claim. My mechanic said the engine is ruined because the water went and leaked into the engine. Top Class Actions is a legal news source Now it is down to like nothing at one single day unless fixing it but it costs $10,400. We just experienced same issue. Service engine light went on. I had 2004 Mazda B300 that had a faulty fuel pump relay switch, it kept shutting down while I was riding down the road. You should be receiving this class action notice shortly. Ditto. A 2016 Mazda CX-5 daytime running lights recall for nearly 44,000 SUVs is issued because the running lights may flicker or fail. My water pump failed on my 2014 Mazda cx9 and its been in the shop for a month. This depends on a variety of factors, such as how old your car is, whether you can document the defect that occurred in your car, whether you have taken it in for repairs on more than one occasion, do you still own the car, is it still under warranty and where do you live. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Check out our list of Class Action Lawsuits and Class Action Settlements you may qualify to join! They know about it and still screw the people over for profit, sorry A$$ Rat Pricks. have you taken it in for repairs on more than one occasion. The plaintiffs are represented by Joseph H. Meltzer, Melissa L. Troutner, Tyler S. Graden and Natalie Lesser of Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check, LLP et al. Same thing here for my 2013 Cx-9 at 110k miles. Have a car complaint to add? This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. , Case No. A Mazda water pump class action lawsuit is moving forward in court, but only for customers in seven states. Under Californias lemon law, qualifying lemons must be bought back, and that can mean a large cash refund and payoff of your loan or lease. Find company research, competitor information, contact details & financial data for WATER JET UNITS SP Z O O of Warszawa, mazowieckie. Got Check engine code P0013. Mazda said it would be $11,000 to replace. A Mazda water pump lawsuit alleges 2007-2016 Mazda CX-9 and 2009-2013 Mazda6 vehicles are equipped with pumps that suddenly fail and cause catastrophic engine failures. Took it in and dealership cleared the code. Plaintiff is demanding a jury trial and requesting injunctive relief along with actual and statutory damages for himself and all class members. If its milky and bluish (from the coolant), the coolant has gotten into the oil and causes rapid engine failure. The plaintiffs allege Mazda knew about a defect in its Cyclone engines that causes the water pump to fail. We are available to help you sort through these questions and make an informed decision as to your options. A local mechanic verified the engine needs repair cost used $7k, new $10k estimated. Mazda refuses to do anything! In addition, the court continued the Final Pre-Trial Conference to May 26, 2023 and all other pre-trial dates by 60 days. If you purchased, leased or own a Mazda CX-9 (2007-2016) or Mazda 6 (2009-2013) and experienced engine failure due to a faulty water pump, and you would like to learn more about our investigation, please complete our online form, or contact us today at 888-299-7706 or by email at info@ktmc.com. The content on this website does not constitute legal advice and is for general informational purposes only. No trial date has been set, but a trial will likely betake place sometime in March or April 2023 later this year. KESSLER TOPAZ MELTZER & CHECK, LLP 2023 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. For a free lemon law consultation, fill out the form below or call us at 1-855-678-6881. I just had my water pump replaced. Stressed out completely. The expert also testified he has no idea and hasn't studied if the Mazda water pumps fail at higher rates than pumps in other vehicles. 63,000 miles. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. 15,000 is what we were told it would be for for parts and labor. State Farm and Progressive Halt New Policies on Certain Kia and Hyundai Models Due to TikTok Challenge, Understanding the 30 Day Notice to Vacate Process, Class Action Lawsuit Over GM Transmissions in 20152019 Corvette, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and, Class Action Lawsuit Claims Mercedes C-Class Has Fuel Leak Defect, Mercedes-Benz Class Action Lawsuit Over Piston Failure Defect, The Song-Beverly Class: All persons who purchased a new Class Vehicle from an authorized Mazda dealership in the State of. Happened to us too cost $8000 to get it fixed. I was told that they did not get many complaints about it. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. O had to take out a separate loan just to cover the repair costs and I was still paying off my car before it happened. According to the complaint, the alleged defect in the Class Vehicles water pumps is that a key component of the mechanical seal, the elastomer bellows, is made of hydrogenated acrylonitrile butadiene rubber, which degrades when exposed to coolant that reaches high temperatures during vehicle operation. 2015, Mazda CX9. The Song-Beverly Class: All persons who purchased a new Class Vehicle from an authorized Mazda dealership in the State of California for personal, family, or household purposes, for claims under the Song-Beverly Warranty Act. It turned out the water pump went out and spilled water internally in the engine. There are 12 state-specific subclasses for California, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia. Chocolate milk in the oil. On June 2, a U.S. federal judge trimmed a proposed putative engine defect class action lawsuit against Mazda Motor of America Inc., tossing plaintiffs' claims of state consumer protection law violations and breach of implied warranties, though the court will allow breach of express warranty claims to proceed in this suit. Because the Cyclone Engine has an internal water pump connected to the crankshaft by the timing chain and positioned directly above the crankshaft[,] coolant from a failed or failing water pump [leaks] into engine parts, including, inter alia, the timing chain, crankcase and/or oil pan. (complaint 61, 64.) Gauge Tczew is about 30km from the Vistula mouth, however, downstream from Tczew . On January 25, 2023, the court issued an amended order and ruled this lawsuit was not to proceed as a class action on behalf of the following Classes: Based on this Order, residents of Texas are no longer represented in the class action lawsuit and can pursue individual claims, and individuals in California can pursue individual lemon law claims. Luckily, I was still on her street and not back on the freeway! The court also denied Mazdas motion to strike various allegations in the complaint, including the statements, This dangerous condition has resulted in at least one death and Mazdas internal records reflect that at least one death was caused by an accident attributed to the Water Pump Defect.. The Song-Beverly Warranty Act, California Civil Code 1793.2(d)(1), is a California state law that requires manufacturers to repair defects after a reasonable number of repair attempts. One man received a $1,800 bill for replacing the water pump, but the shop told him they suggested that the engine be replaced. The defect detailed by the complaint involves the internal chain-driven water pump. document.getElementById( "ak_js_5" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); @2023 Top Class Actions. 8:19-cv-01298. $11,000. 1. In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. Under Californias lemon law, qualifying lemons must be bought back, and that can mean a large cash refund and payoff of your loan or lease. Case Filed December 2019. 2. In addition, Civil Code 1794(c) and 1793.2(d) provide that customers may receive a civil penalty up to two times the actual damages if manufacturers acted willfully (meaning knowingly but not necessarily with wrongful or malicious intent) in ignoring or failing its obligation under the Song-Beverly Act. https://topclassactions.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Under 113k miles. According to the class action complaint, beginning in 2007 and continuing through the 2016 model year, Mazda has incorporated into hundreds of thousands of vehicles an MZI Cyclone engine, which contains a defect that causes its internal water pump to fail suddenly and prematurely well before the end of the useful life of the engine, leading to catastrophic engine failure or a costly replacement. I was going about 65 mph and without any warning the RPMs went from 4000 to 0, followed by the check engine light. Our Mazda CX-9 experienced engine failure last month. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Repairs for a used engine 7600 plus the cost of the previous water pump repair. Water pump and engine rebuild. Often, when a Mazda CX-9 water pump fails, it leaks coolant into the engine oil and causes engine failuretoo. She certified seven classes for vehicles purchased in California, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Texas and Virginia, as well as a class for those alleging violations of Californias Song-Beverly Act. Top Class Actionss website and social media posts use affiliate links. Luckily my son who was driving managed to avoid an accident. The vehicle was a 2014 CX 9 with 87000. I have a 2010 mazda cx9 at 160000 miles the water pump went out and had to replace the timing chain and water pump. Complaints were also made to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Anyone, do you have any suggestions for what I should do from here. As of today, my car is valued at $6,000 plus online if it is not this issue of the engine. It is now receiving a new motor costing us $10,000!! Bought 2015 cx9 with 132k in may 2020 and November 2021 water pump failed and destroyed my engine with no warning of any kind. Dealer started repairs then found out engine had been compromised with metal though out the engine Now needs a new engine $12,000 and a 6 month wait for a replacement engine document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_3" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_4" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Please note: Top Class Actions is not a settlement :(. However, other people may decide that the relief offered as part of the class action settlement is inadequate, that they do not want to wait to get relief, or that they think they will get more if they do not participate in the class action settlement. drug injury lawsuits and product liability lawsuits. The worst problems encountered by some owners include: Water pump failure at 99,000 miles. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. My 2008 cx9 mazda water pump went out and its and it boiled on my engine this was a expensive repair that Im not eased with especially when u call the dealer and they tell u there nothing they can do. However, you may still need to opt out of this class action lawsuit to pursue other claims under California law. Oct 14, 2018 185 Dislike Share TimNummy 65.3K subscribers My buddy owns a Mazda CX9 which have a known issue of the new style of "lifetime" internal water pumps failing quietly and trashing. My daughter was driving when it died while in motion. Same as everyone above! very dangerous. The Mazda oil consumption class action lawsuit is Heinz v. Mazda Motor of America, Inc., et al., Case No. In November 2021, Mazda issued a recall for the 2019 CX-3, 2018-2019 CX- 5, 2018-2019 CX-9, 2019-2020 Mazda2, 2018 Mazda3, 2018 Mazda6 and 2018- 2019 MX-5, according to the Mazda class action. Change of the Vistula discharge along its course is presented in Table 1.These data are from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMGW) since 1950. Cost me 2800 and less than 4 months later the engine went out. The same happened to my CX9 If potential owners knew of this major issue, the value of CX9 would be less than half of what it should have been sold. It also comes with little to no risk, as the claims have been resolved. My 2015 just did the same thing with my 17 year old daughter driving it! We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. On March 12, 2022, plaintiffs moved for class certification, which was granted in part on October 21, 2022, on behalf of residents of these states that purchased or leased the Class Vehicles: California, Michigan, Texas, Virginia, Ohio, Missouri, and Massachusetts. Telltale sign was to check the oil. Judge Staton, According to the judge, the evidence shows the "vast majority of the Class Vehicles water pumps do not fail prematurelyi.e., before they reach 120,000150,000 miles. If the class action settles and the court preliminarily approves the settlement, you will receive a class notice describing your options. Disclaimer : This website is solely for informational purposes. Had the car for 1 year for my college age daughter 4 hours from home. My car and warranty is payed. A $4,000 repair, which we authorized due to the cost of used cars in todays marketplace. They said the water pump is internal and the check engine light comes on. Mazda Water pump Maintenance/Repairs galant December 16, 2014, 6:58am #1 As most regulars might know, I have bought a CPO Mazda CX-9 two years ago, it is a 2010 model which has a 3.7 Duratec engine. Might have to replace the engine as well. administrator or law firm. If you lost your 3.7L engine or had a huge repair bill because of a water pump failure please reach out to me. The Mazda water pump class action lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California - Sonneveldt, et al. Still No updates. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Please review our Affiliate Link Disclosure for more information. I need legal advice. The plaintiffs contend, the Water Pump Defect presents a significant safety risk . Cant drive it called the dealership they said it is a Mazda water pump issue. The parties have briefed a motion for summary judgment, which was submitted on January 6, 2023, and is awaiting a ruling. Used to love the brand. What did you end up doing? The same happened to me. So I have a car I was able to drive 7 months out of 2 years. When you look at the coolant it specifically says do not add water. then 3 months later the engine went out and had to pay $300 for the diagnostic results. Information on this site may be incomplete or out-of-date. According to Judge Josephine L. Staton, at this stage she can decertify classes if the claims require class-wide evidence that a manifestation of a defect is more than a remote chance (Texas) or substantially certain to occur (California Song-Beverly).

Wayling V Jones, Burlington Accident Today, Trailer Registration Cost Nsw, Stoke City Vs Nottingham Forest Fc, Timestamps To Send To Your Crush, Articles M