google sites eportfolio examples

google sites eportfolio examples

Use as morning work, fast finishers, digital memory book, or just fun activities for the end of the school year! It has the best free plan among website builders. Thanks BitDegree! Part of apowerful reflection is not just looking at past performance, but using that as a platform to plan future action. Additionally, the website integrates the videographer's Instagram account and provides more information about Filip Rzepka and his services. Share it with us! This example highlights a teaching philosophy, student work, classroom management, reference letters, and more. Once you are ready, click the Publish button on the top menu to publish your site. Google Sites can also turn out difficult to customize and expand as it doesnt support integration with lots of third-party tools. It right away showcases a stunning view of the venue, which will immediately attracts potential clients. Overall, this website is well-designed and effectively presents the videographer's work and information about his services in a visually appealing and easy-to-navigate manner. Kantwon Made With Squarespace Kantwon is a Computer Science Ph.D. student and instructor at Georgia Tech. Getting started. Then follow the prompts. I contacted support and each person would disconnect after they did not know what to do. Google Sites Examples, and Who This Platform Will Suit Best 1.1. They look wonderful!! Play around and dont be afraid to try different things. Welcome to my ePortfolio! Most Suitable For Google Sites (ePortfolios) - Montclair State University The website immediately greets you with crisp images of wonderful architecture projects. Illustrator portfolio and tips on all images that are created with Google Drawings. You can find all the information needed to know where they are in the process as well as visit them in person at local events. The use of a static background image adds visual interest to the site, while the one-page design and prominent site headers make it easy for visitors to find what they are looking for. Want to rename your page? To add a new page, click the plus sign at the bottom. He has been teaching at Brookfield High School for the last 14 of those. You can edit and change all of the elements on the page, so I recommend hovering over things and click on them to see the options. GS is mostly used for group projects and some file-sharing purposes, or for those who want to experiment and "create" a beginner-like website. Since there are only a limited number of free google sites templates. In laymans terms, this simply means that youll have a lot more freedom with this builder than you would with many others. Although long letters of recommendation are great, something short and to the point can be just as, if not more, effective. The opportunities of what to include on a digital portfolio are nearly endless. If you are looking for something more advanced then I'd go for other site builders. Shopify will provide the user with all of the necessary features to build and run a successful eCommerce platform. This service is just amazing! CGS E-PORTFOLIO. Learn how to set up e-portfolios in Google Sites. How do I make my Google Site look professional? You are likely to never encounter a problem that wouldnt have an obvious solution that you could implement in just a few minutes time (and even if you were, theres always customer support). Copyright 2023, Shake Up Learning. The review process of MyBestWebsiteBuilder.com is based on in-depth research, factual information and confirmed user reviews. Filmmaker based out of the Czech Republic. 19 Google Sites Examples that will Knock your socks off, We did an internet wide research to compile the, GOOGLE SITES EXAMPLE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY PORTFOLIO, This Google Sites website is for an architectural firm in Johannesburg. Further benefits include awesome website design, built-in search engine optimization (SEO) kits, easily manageable eCommerce features, and so on. Reply This social media company's website has a simple design that is divided into segments. This is a unique hotel website for a luxury hotel in the city of Brugge in Belgium. They are easy to update, share, and can grow with the student. To create mine, I inserted an image carousel. Sitemap Its pretty helpful, and I recommend reading through it. Just be sure that you arent including students pictures (unless you have express permission from the students, guardians, and your current school. This Google Sites website is for an architectural firm in Johannesburg. The portfolio process in my classroom has evolved, and Id like to share some of my process and student creations. Receive 10% off any Yearly Premium Plan (apart from Combo and Connect Domain). No problem! EDCI550 Professional Portfolio. One big thing that is easily overlooked when publishing to an audience outside of your classroom is that any artifact in their portfolio should be set so that anyone with the link can view. I used Canva to create images of the quotes and then added them into the carousel. Click on the three dots next to the page name and then click on Properties to rename the page. http://newedtechclassroom.com/starterkitInterested in learning how to build a fully tech-integrated curriculum? He has maintained a student portfolio to showcase his students' best work. Join my FREE Facebook Club for k-2 teachers here! MyBestWebsiteBuilder.com - An Independently Run Project of the Best Website Builder Reviews and Reliable Website Building Advice | hello@mybestwebsitebuilder.com, See & compare TOP website builders side by side. WIX They can share the site much like they would a GSuite file giving view rights to specific individuals. A website builder that's perfect for small & medium-sized businesses and individual users. It is also completely free compared to Godaddy whose cheapest plan is $5. I recommend including this as one page on your digital portfolio. 2. Creating an e-Portfolio Using Google Sites What is an ePortfolio? Avox Architects (avoxarchitects.co.za) 1.4. Mr. Flavios website is surely one of the best Google Sites examples out there. Customers can also book directly as they have a synced calendar on the website. When it comes to well-made examples of Google Sites, xchu.rocks is surely at the top of that list. That is why I like to have students include information about their interests and aspirations on a Passion Page by incorporating YouTube videos. Same as most other Google Sites examples on this list, the website employs a very simple design, and is quite straightforward to navigate through. Of course it will really come down to how you want to set up your portfolio, but Im going to share the basics of Google Sites and the options you have. The video outlines the major components of. Without further ado, enjoy these inspiring examples of Google Sites done right. Place the cursor where you want the file to go. Thanks so much for all of the great information. Its great platform however not a website builder, It is just an examples. FlippingRetail possesses one of the better Google Sites, in regards to its simplicity and visual presentation. Ive using portfolios in the classroom for the last five years. Click Here to View an Example Student Portfolio, 5+ Tips for Setting Yourself Up for Next Year, 3 Areas to Systematize for Effective Classroom Management, Jamie Sears on Transforming Reluctant Writers Into Excited Writers, Using Student Shoutouts and Class Compliments to Strengthen Classroom Community, Hear How Teachers Are Using Classroom Management Games, Tips for Setting Yourself Up for Next Year. That means it can be accessed easily like any other GSuite file. Does your student have a recording of a presentation they made to the class? See All Coupons of Best Website Builders Xu Chu is a professors group from the University of Toronto. Look no further than Google Sites. These teachers work together to maintain teaching standards and discuss important issues like pensions and raise funds needed. Since Google Sites is one of the core G-Suite for Education tools, it integrates with Google Slides and Google Docs. Even some of the new Google Sites examples do not possess any eCommerce functionality - frankly, thats because there is none with GS. What you need is a high-end, trustworthy website builder. The use of segmented formatting allows visitors to easily access specific areas of the site and learn more about the company's services. The pages will show in the top menu bar for easy navigation. Getting your hands on a template is definitely the easiest approach to building a website by yourself. 4. BestRobot (bestrobot.us) 1.8. The creation process is something that I walk students through once, and they pick it up pretty quickly. This is of course optional, but its a good idea to include recommendations from other educators youve worked with. The website is also very easy to navigate, and they created individual pages for each of their courses and training to break down into details for potential customer to understand their offers before any direct contact. Your email address will not be published. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Kasey Bell and Shake Up Learning with appropriate and specific direction to the original content on ShakeUpLearning.com. Its a portfolio-like website, and has both resources, and also the process of the artist described, with visual imagery to accompany it. You can also choose to hire specialized designers to help you create a more sophisticated design. Be sure to continue to update this often. Based in Singapore, he writes for the magazine titled Molton Dew. Click "create" button Ask Question Step 2: Create Pages Within Your Site While Google Sites examples are cool to look at in regards to the things that you could do with this free website builder, admittedly, the tool itself isnt going to allow you to create a fully-functional, high-end website. Your digital teaching portfolio should reflect that. The following are some examples that highlight presenting evidence for standards: The process of creating a portfolio is not merely putting in a title on a page and inserting an artifact. One of the prime Google Sites examples, leokeechye.com showcases some of the more commonly-used strategies of integrating Google Sites into your workflow. Not a website builder though BUT a decent playground/, i don't recommend you to use it if you expect something more than a simple page with pics and text, Good examples, this is exactly what I was looking for, Perfect for a school project. This festival is visited by more than 10,000 guests. My Physics Portfolio. While the website is laughably simple in its design, it does represent the more-common GS uses quite well. Our Facebook group has over 7,000 other elementary school educators sharing their best tips, tricks, and ideas to TEACHCREATEAND MOTIVATE! hotelflanders.com, as the name likely implies, is a hotel website. I chose to create a short video for my introduction (which you can view on Youtube here), but you could type a paragraph instead. Verdict We pride ourselves on some of the most contemporary wix website designs and exceptional customer service with over 50 business owners since our launch in 2019. If you are looking to get started with portfolios, one way to start is with a showcase portfolio. This portfolio website was designed by the same guy who designed the first website on our list. Cyber Monday Week View Google Sites-E-Portfolio.pdf from NLM 200 at Seneca College. It is a beautifully designed website that is designed to show three things: Display the industry awards the artist has received building confidence from strangers towards the mastery of the artist. Showcase portfolios work especially well at the end of a term or as their final exam. That means it can be accessed easily like any other GSuite file. It works like every other website builder you know, it is just mostly used by small teams, research groups, teachers and for portfolios. Examples of Google Sites ePortfolios: Step 1: Getting Started: Creating Your Own ePortfolio 1) Go to . Click the "Use Template" button above. You can help run the site unbiased & free with the help of donation. To tell you the truth, there are few builders better in this regard than Shopify. Yes, folks, we are officially dropping the e from ePortfolios. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Essentially, you want to include your resume. Except as otherwise noted, the contents on this site are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Below is a guest post by Mike Mohammad, a science teacher in Wisconsin, and author of the Mo Physics Mo Problems blog. Theres a pretty good reason for that, too - its not actually a builder, in the first place. Imagine a student portfolio that can update in real-time and can be shared with family and friends around the globe! Google Sites is an ideal program for setting up e-portfolios because its relatively easy for students to use, and each individual portfolio that a student makes using Sites can be linked back to a class webpage where everyone can check out each others portfolios. Avox Architects is a young architectural firm that is aiming to get their projects out there and use their new website to showcase their services and portfolio, in order to reach potential customers. You can find a lot of them on this website. Oftentimes, when people are looking to create a website, its going to be one thats associated with eCommerce, in one way or another. View their gallery, book your stay and learn about the many amenities that are available including canal tours. The coolest part of this website is that they added a page for 3D tour of the hotel and it looks amazing. This is a professionally designed google website. Even though Google Sites is one of the simpler and popular options for creating websites, it's not the best solution for building fully functional and professional websites. If you decide to use Google Sites, you should know that it only includes one template with several style options (called Themes in Google Sites). Step 1: Create an Eportfolio Site Sign into your Google account and click on the App launcher Go to Sites to create your eportfolio Click the create button to start Then follow these steps to finish site creation 1. Wix VS Shopify: Which one is better for eCommerce? Create a new site. Examples of student ePortfolios | Centre for Teaching Excellence You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Amazing examples! Their work is great and they were able to show this with good photography. 9.4 Its a good place to start with portfolios as it doesnt require the regular updating a learning portfolio would. By scrolling down the page, one can track student progress through the unit assessment including final reflections on the unit. A motivational website with creative resources for teachers. "MyBestWebsiteBuilder" is an independently-run project. Board of teachers from Putnam Valley. Whether youre looking to dip your toe in, dive head first, or already swimming in the deep end, advances in Google Sites has made the process of creating a professional-looking portfolio possible for any learner. catsarecute27@email.com might be a cute email address, but might not be the best option. Do I need to know any programming to use Google Sites? PCS should be referred to as one of the Google Sites examples in regards to showcasing information to the visitor of your website. It belongs to Filip Rzepka and features an engaging animation as the homepage's introduction. Required fields are marked *. It's better to use other full range website builders. I have always had a passion for teaching and sharing with others and look forward to sharing my ideas with you! Making Professional ePortfolios w/ Google Sites An example of this would be teachers assigning students to create some database for a school project, or a company wanting to build a representative website for their brand, without any intricate features involved. What a great way to showcase ongoing work. It's easier than ever and it won't take long before you'll be ready to share your site with the world! Its not even one of the new Google Sites examples, either! I personally decided to create a larger header banner and add my own image. That said, the website does house a decent layout, and the presentation is clear and simple-to-follow. Are there other examples of work that they want to highlight from other sites, such as Flipgrid or Scratch? And inserting new text or files is a simple process. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The all white background does a good job at directing the viewers focus at the photographer's work. Google Sites is free but basic. Learn how to set up e-portfolios in Google Sites. Imagine a student portfolio that can update in real-time and can be shared with family and friends around the globe! When students are ready to share their portfolio, they have several options. Google sites is totally free and comes with free themes or templates that you can use to start building your website today. While the site is a bit clunky in some places, the general feeling that it protrudes is actually that of a quite professional manner! Here are links to some of the best Google Sites Templates you can use for your website. Are there physical copies of work that they want to showcase? To start your new ePortfolio, make sure you are using a personal Gmail account so the site you create leaves with you when you graduate.UW Bothell ePortfolios are built using New Google Site or a web platform of your choice.. I've compiled a list of 18 great websites designed and built with Google Sites. Craft a positive nursing digital identity with an ePortfolio Create an e-Portfolio on Google Sites - YouTube 0:00 / 5:11 Create an e-Portfolio on Google Sites BSHSNeely 539 subscribers 217K views 3 years ago How to create an e-portfolio using. New or rather - Google Sites is an amazingly simple tool to allow Teachers AND Students to create in class. Learn more about Dynamic Learning here, and in my book, Shake Up Learning: Practical Ideas to Move Learning From Static to Dynamic. Now, as of right now, there arent tons of template options. This is a stunning example of a personal website built with google sites. Select a theme 4. Choose a template or Start with a blank template. Follow the coupon link to get started! If you want to make a portfolio but don't know where to start, perhaps you should take a look at these student portfolio examples in various formats: PDFs, websites, Google Sites, and magazines. You can insert: Or you can double-click on the page to open a quick insert menu. In the old version of Sites (Classic Sites), accessing and editing was quite cumbersome and not intuitive. So, if you publish your site and then realize you want to take it down, either to make changes or permanently, its very easy to do. Sticking with some form of your first and last name is a pretty simple, smart, and standard practice. But, it also houses information on skill sets and drivers for learning. It's perfect as a short term solution. This is the website or a graphic artist. Although they use different approaches (and different platforms), they are alike in embodying the student's reflections on his or her learning while at the same time showcasing his or her achievements. Well, as noted in the introductory part of the article, before looking into some Google Sites examples, we should establish one, simple thing - Google Sites isnt an actual website builder. Andy Wolber is a writer, consultant and public speaker. Google Sites is the perfect tools for you and your students to create ePortfolios. The website introduces you to the theme with a nice image of rocks and bold titles that define what the website is about. This is a huge part of who I am as an educator, and I want them to know that these are skills I have. Middle School Examples - ePortfolios with Google Sites: MN Google Summit Open Google Sites. Once you have decided on the type of site you want, we'll take you through the process of setting it up and making it look exactly how you want. I want future admins to know that I value reading, for enjoyment and to learn. Read review. Google Sites talks to all of your favorite G Suite tools, is easy to use, embed student work, and make the learning more DYNAMIC. I included this right on the homepage, but you could include it with your experience, or somewhere else if you wanted. Very very helpful, I appreciate , thank you. Cumberland Bird of Prey Centre is a beautiful Falconry and events centre in Cumbria, England.

Can A Plaintiff Violate A Pfa In Pennsylvania, Articles G