giant chewy sweet tarts discontinued

giant chewy sweet tarts discontinued

I was telling my guys about the Giant Sweetarts we used to eat as kids. Could be a cottage industry here. I miss the giant sweet tarts. giant chewy sweet tarts discontinued. Grape was my favorite and Id lick it until it was wet enough to start scraping it with my teeth. RefrigeratorNo5186 1 yr. ago. We would sometimes break them with a hammer to make it easier to eat them. I remember the tang on my tongue and sweet flavor. yummy memories. These larger than life disks of flavor are too big to eat in just one bite, so break it and share it for the perfect chewy candy experience. Sure wish they would bring them back! The Midnight Taco flavor was close, but of course, that was for a limited time and now no longer available. The candy was made with the same recipe as Pixy Stix and Lik-M-Aid. SKU: 2137B36. I love candy and love how you could suck them for days. giant chewy sweet tarts discontinued - kikuyajp.com coverd top of desk pretty purple well you know. Giant Chewy Sweet Tarts Discontinued - amusesunsetdiner.com My parents HATED them due the sugar and food coloring. Why won't they bring them back? MORE TIME PLEASE>. I've been looking for a way to recreate these for a while and I think I finally succeeded 1. There was also a really cool gum in those shapes back in the day. A Retro or Throw Back candy made in small quantities and a hefty price would be successful. I miss going to the skating rink but near as much as the Giant Sweetarts. google_color_border = "E7F0EB"; We will let the team know that you would like to see them make a comeback. U was searching for an image but could not find it either. I have been reading the above posts waiting for one of them to actually say that someone has the REAL sweetartsbut I guess not.they were so much better than anything you can get todayso sad!!! The Giant Chewy SweeTarts have also retained the orange flavor discontinued in the standard SweeTarts products, as have the Mini Chewy SweeTarts variety. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. That's the closest I've coming to having the large sized ones in years. The product is fine, still tastes like it always has. Please bring them back, I'm sure they would be a big seller! You would have them all weekend. i used to get them every weekend at the skating rink. The Chewy Extreme Sours bring a bigger pucker to the treat. so sad, All I can think about is how we all pretty much agree on the fact that either the roof of your mouth or tongue would be raw after eating these. Giant Chewy Sweet Tarts - 36 Count - Bulk Candy Store Write/ email wonka! The original one's I remember were in the 60s I was in 4th and 5th grade so count that back I am 55 now. Your payment information is processed securely. My parents knew that would make me happier than anything else. : I've looked everywhere and I guess I have to face the fact that this is one retro candy you can't get. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. I think they were 5 cents around 1966?. I'm? PLEASE WE WILL ALL BUY TONS OF EM. Got one every Friday. Way I see it, if you're dumb enough to choke to death on a giant sweet tart, then you should simply get your Darwin award and move along to the next plane of existence and let the rest of us enjoy our damn candy. The only ones I can find are either chewy or not as large. 3. I find it amazing this thread has been going for 9 years! I used to get giant Sweet Tarts down the road from my high school every week. {CX thought I was the only one to miss these original Giant Sweet Tarts! That's the original giant sweetart not two but one! Fashioned after the thirst-quenching, refueling sports drink Gatorade, GatorGum went one step further but not in a good way. I am so sad that I can not find them anywhere. Ferrara SweeTARTS Giant Chewy Candy - Pack of 36 - eBay I also liked Goldberg peanut chews with dark chocolate. Loved the Original 2 Pack, but does anyone remember the huge SweeTart Balls? Related Items. Regular price $45 99 $45.99. Orange Sweet Tart was discontinued after the company switched to Lemon Tart. They used to be a lot harder and they tasted ALOT BETTER. SweeTARTS Giant Chewy Candy, 1.5 ounce Pouch, Pack of 36 {sigh} Wonder why they wont bring it back in their retro candy lineup? SweeTarts Giant Chewy Candy 4-Packs: 36-Piece Box 1 Review $42.50 Add to Cart . A sweet and tangy Wonka Candy. Man, I miss those times and those giant Sweettarts that were always a part them. Sorry folks, short of a miracle we will never get to enjoy the original Giant Sweetarts again. Are used to eat them till my tongue was bleeding. It was small enough to pop in my mouth I wish I could get them again. Shockers are a sour and chewy version of the popular candy SweeTarts. pet waiting on the window. You may contact Net Grocer online to place an order. I looked everywhere. I grew up with the giant SweeTarts and would like my children and grandchildren to experience some of my childhood. bring back the giant sweet tarts (not chewy - taste is not the same at all) i liked the grape, cherry, and pineapple: amazing. I only remember grape and cherry. SKU: 2137B36 UPC: 79200131234 Color: Multi Cost: 20.3000 MPN: 12035030 . Free shipping. Best time of the year is Valentines day and Easter when they sell the 1/2 pound bags of either hearts, eggs, or ducks/bunnies/chicks for a $1 or two. The closest thing I have found are giant smarties and mega smarties. The candy is usually gone in a couple of days. Would have to wait a day until it healed up enough to resume the candy which would quickly tear up my tongue again. I am kinda like the person at the top of the list. I remember the two packs from the 70's. Please bring our favorites back, the chewy ones are crap, I bought them one time, just to try and hoped the whole time that it would be close to the classic ones, but of course they were not even close, a waste of time and money. I hate when things get replaced with crap that isn't nearly as good :( If they would bring those back, even for a little while, they would sell out. SweeTARTS on Twitter SweeTarts are sweet and sour candies created by the Sunline Candy Company. Nerds is an American candy launched in 1983 by the Sunmark Corporation under the brand name Willy Wonka Candy Company. I would buy these when my bus stopped at Wag-a-Bag on the way home from school. Flavors of these include such as orange, strawberry, green apple, cherry, and punch. I used to get them from the Redmond Jr. High vending machine as a 6th grader when we'd go there for band practice. The word CHEWY, makes me so sad and then mad. Later they were replaced with a version with two to a pack containing different flavors. SweeTARTS Giant Chewy: Giant Chewy SweeTARTS take the amazing, sweet and tart flavor combination of Original SweeTARTS to the next level with supersized, over-the-top fun, now with an improved . For Valentine's Day my mom would bring me a whole box of the hard sweetarts. They had a milky cracked look to them and were almost as sour as Warheads. I remember used to eat this when I was younger. Neither one of the aforementioned companies carry the giant Sweet tarts :(. They were the size of hockey pucks but heart shaped for the holiday. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. THEY WERE THE BEST!!! Of course I meant retroC'mon Wonkabring 'em back! These are my all time favorite candy. Crunchy AND chewy will delight your mouth. Wish they would bring them back :) I have to admit I still have a thing for Sweetarts 45 years later. I loved the lemon ones, and it was one to a pack. Bonkers . Bringing them back may be a good enough reason to return to prayer. The chewy ones are not good, IMHO. They were the best! I have posted on the Wonka site, begging them to bring them back. Buy Smarties, Sweetarts and tart-flavored candy at bulk prices at Candy Direct. Got my multipack of Chewy Sweettarts today. Dont forget the giant cherry heart sweet tarts. I need to know if anyone can tell me if there is or ever was a banana flavored original heart??????????? Chewy ones worse for teeth anyway. I didn't care for them when they came two to a pkg. I wish I hadn't. I used to love them. i don't like them anymore. The History Of Sweet Tart Lollipops | Doughbies At that point my tongue was raw but they were so good! Regular price $21 99 $21.99. Sweetarts - Giant Chewy - 1.35 oz pkg. When I was a kid we'd walk to the movie theater with $1.00 for treats. Not exactly as advertised, but I'm happy with the result! She loved me so. These are the best! (Also, the state it arrived was amazing, and it even arrived a few days early! In fact I'm eating them now. I loved the large Sweet Tartsused to eat them while I was doing homework. Checked Amazon as someone posted above, all they have is the lame tasting chewy ones. It was large, flat on one side and rounded on the top with - like little bibles on the top. Where can I buy Giant Chewy SweeTarts? - KnowledgeTimer . you won't be disappointed.and with all the food allergy FOLKS a lot of kids(ADULTS) are so limited on what kind of candies and goodies they can have they need good candies like giant sweet tarts and wacky wafers those are my other favorites that don't contain dairy or chocolate and I am not allergic too or my family wouldn't be ALLERGIC eitherPLEASE BRING THESE CANDIES BACK WE WOULD BE SO GREATFUL!!!!!! When I was 7 they were almost as big as a hockey puck (it seemed). Those were the days when they had contests at the 7-11 to name the new Icees and " The Monkees"we're on TV. In 2015, SweeTart Ropes Bites, a bite-sized variant of SweeTart Ropes was released. I bought several to bring home. I am a purple and pink gal, and the two packages of candy I tried both were either flavorless or tasted like soap. Always had them on school field trips. Thank you all for sharing in my suffering and making me feel less alone. The chewy ones are gross. //2007-06-05: inthe70s Their prices may be little higher than a retail store and sometimes require a minimum purchase, and they do ship directly to your home. My sister and I would go down to the store close to our home buy a sack full of penney candy. SweeTarts were introduced in 1963 with the same flavors as the popular Pixy Stix: cherry, grape, lime, lemon, and . Fix the sour chew sweetarts. Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. For years I secretely raided my dad's coin collection for dimes to buy the inch thick sweet tarts in the candy machine at my gradeschool during the sixties. google_color_url = "1F2B9E"; YES! In junior high we would sneak under the back fence (the nuns couldn't see us back there) run a block to "Johnny's Variety" to buy the giants. What memories. So nice to see all of you sweetart lovers on here! I also remember a roll candy (again, like smarties) where the candies were all different colors like Life Savers without the hole. Alwasys buying a giant sweettart. They need to bring those back with a quickness. PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD SWEETTARTS FROM THE 1960'S & 1970'S! GatorGum. SOMEBODY HEEEELP!!!!! I remember licking the think ones until my tongue bled. Sweet tarts were teeth breakers, and sugar daddies yanked out your fillings. . I can still taste the cherry one if I think hard enough. No buyers remorse here and I will be back for more as my hiding places keep being discovered. So glad I found this thread today. I, like John and some others, remember the 2-pack and 3-pack non-chewy versions which were available even into the 80s or early 90s, but I also remember getting the even bigger single-packed ones as a kid *years* before that (early to mid 70s). In 1963, SweeTarts were introduced with the same flavors as the popular Pixy Stix: cherry, grape, lemon, lime, and orange. SweeTARTS Wonka- bring them back for the sake of the 70's generation!!!!!! Shareable, sweet and tart treats. I would look until i found purple with green. google_alternate_color = "E7F0EB"; THEY WERE TO BOMB AND I BET WOULD STILL BE!!!! As mentioned before, this candy was originally created in 1962. Nestl has since sold its confectionery businesses to Ferrero SpA. [1] Taffy products are also produced with the SweeTarts brand. Sheesh! I am SO disappointed when I go to look for them and find those awful chewy sweetarts. I'd buy them!! I'm surprised it's not made anymore. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - somebody come out with the Giant Sweetarts again. Then head back to Wagners corner store in my neighborhood, plunk down a nickel, and start all over. So wish they would bring them back! Get Life Savers Candy, Jellybeans, Assorted delivered to you . The last time I had them was in 1985. Im talking about the original, single pack ones that were so huge they would last forever. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products. Raked my teeth against it all morning. Are extreme sour chewy Sweetarts being discontinued?? - Reddit I'm sure my mom never knew that I was licking these things until my tongue bled. So Good! I found my tribe here! They were a lot bigger than a golf ball, talk about a turfed tongue. 11. I've been looking forever for the Giant Tarts. Miss the Giant Sweettarts SOOOOO much! He went back for more & the drug store said they discontinued them. Back in the time when SweeTARTS were invented, another business was already using the name- "SweeTARTS.". I also know the only place I can find a Cherry Mash is by the registers at Hobby Lobby Stores. I would walk or ride my bike there to get these giant sweet tarts. :-(((, I've FOUND the 4 pack GIANT Sweet tarts. Soaking in a warm bath, reading a good book eating my secret sweet tart. I'd buy a m ilion of them!!! The gum kind of broke apart and you could chew it to bring it together again. I think they got rid of the regular ones too. Chewy is a relatively current participant right into the pet food as well as accessory market, however it's promptly developed itself as a heavy hitter. Best Sellers Rank: #16,609 in Grocery & Gourmet Food ( See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food) #277 in Gummy Candies. I was talking to someone about these last night, couldn't remember the name until this AM, looked it up on the net and found this site. Order came on time and was exactly what I wanted. I loved these in the late 60's they were awesome.I am sure if they made them they would be a big seller. . Original giant sweetarts came in two-packs, red and purple, flat on one siderounded on the other, packed back to back, flat sides togetherlate sixties-early seventies. Bring back the Sweettarts! Kinda remember tasting blood with the last third of so of the candy. Chewy sweet tarts came fast and very well packaged. What happened to shockers? : r/candy - Reddit So glad to see so many others miss the old giant sweet tarts. I am 51 years old and would frequently love to enjoy the old giant hockey puck tarts again! Nerds are now made by the Ferrara Candy Company, a subsidiary of Ferrero Group. I used to get 3-4 packs with my allowance and try to make them last the week but I always weakened and ate them and had to wait for what seemed like a lifetime to buy more. Years and years of diehards want these to come back! This happens all the time! I found this site, while looking for the original large sweettarts. I used to walk down the street from my school with my friends and buy one. I was devastated! I should be sleeping but I was lying in bed thinking about my childhood and of course the giant Sweettart was a part of almost every memory! Grape was first, then cherry, and then the other colors. YES!!! Those would last me for more than a day! :) I hope for all of us that we get to have these again before our days are up. Lol, i had two i took to school i was eating them in class got sick . YOUR SALES WILL SOAR!! They were the best thing ever!! Someone find one for me. Chewy has gratification facilities around the United States, so it's able to promptly accomplish orders as they're received. Not really a big fan of the Giant sweet tarts. , Reviewed in the United States on April 17, 2023. My sisters and I used to get Giant Sweet Tarts at the candy store in the little strip shopping center near our house on Long Island, NY. giant chewy sweet tarts discontinued Please try again. Giant Sweetarts Chewy | Retro Candy | Candy Funhouse I use to find the giant (hard) sweet tart at Knotts berry farm, haven't seen them lately. Wow Memories, I used to buy these every week, Lance BBQ corn chips, Barq's rootbeer in bottle and a two Sweet tart pack. It seems there are a lot of fans of the old school GianTarts! giant chewy sweet tarts discontinuedgreater mansfield aquatic conferencegreater mansfield aquatic conference Every time I see the chewy three-packs and see "giant" I feel a fleeting moment of hopethen read the word "chewy" and turn away, spatting in disgust and betrayal. Not even close. My single greatest wish before I die is to once again have a cherry-flavored giant sweet tart. All of these products were made to take advantage of the sweet and sour sensation that was growing popular. Earn 5% cash back on Walmart.com. Okay, and so for the record, Cherry was my absolute favorite, Grape was my second favorite & then the Green would be third in line & I think they dumped the orange, because it tasted a lot like baby aspirin. ), Bad batch or something they tasted horrible, Reviewed in the United States on July 20, 2022. I contacted Nestle and they sent the following reply: Dear Ms. Schramm, Thank you for contacting Wonka SweeTARTS Candy. Yes I have been searching like the rest of you. Put powder into a cylindrical press like this: https://smile.amazon.com/40mm-Inner-Diameter-Cylinder-Pre-Press/dp/B07Q4RZD66 3. SweeTARTS were first made available in 1963 and came in the same flavors as the well-liked Pixy Stix: cherry, grape, lemon, lime, and orange. I don't understand why the company stopped making them, nor why they won't bring them back. I craved the hard giant sweet tarts when I was pregnant with my first daughter - she is now 22!! Giant Chewy Sweet Tarts - Retro Candy Online All you see today is the CHEWY type. seeing the large pack of Sweettarts, the glimmer of hope and then wham! This box of SweeTARTS Giant Chewy candy includes thirty-six 1.5-ounce pouches, providing the perfect amount to break off and share with friends. Loved the Giant (un-chewy) Sweetarts. They are hard like sweettarts, (not chalky like smarties). And that's my two cents for what it's worth. Only 7 left in stock - order soon . Ha! Mini Sweetarts Chewy - 12ct. They need to hear our voice so they know this product is in demand and will make them money!!! who came up with chewy sweettarts? We would love to see them made again, even if it was only once a year! So they still make them but nobody has themso who is buying them to resell? I WANT MORE!!! At this time we have no plans to bring back the product; however, please be assured that I have reported your inquiry to our Marketing Department. We bought one along with a slurpee, the best walk home ever. Yum! SweeTARTS Candy, Giant Chewy - Instacart and I thought I was the only 1 who missed those giant hard sweet tarts(not the chewy ones). Dextrose, Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Malic Acid, and Less than 2% of Maltodextrin, Calcium Stearate, Egg Albumen, Natural Flavors, Mono- and Diglycerides, Blue 1 Lake, Blue 2 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake. The candy was made in many flavors . Same year they put a coating on the Tart N Tinies!! Product Description. They definitely need to bring them back!! I lived blocks away from a Modern Dairy store. :( Does anyone remember a roll candy like Smarties that were fizzy? I'm also looking for a sucker from the late 50's, 60's. Giant Hard Sweetarts. 3) When adding the filling to the crust, make sure to evenly distribute it. good times. , ASIN The small ones are ok, but doesn't have the same impact as having a large one in your mouth to scrape your teeth on and run your tongue over it until it is raw. The 4-pack of Giant Sweet Tarts were the best - Purple/Grape, Blue/Raspberry?, Yellow/Banana? There are a lot of comments to resd! Feed your giant sweet tooth with a huge taste and the terrifically tangy taste of green, purple and red flavoured deliciousness! Finding the right balance between bold and enticing, these candies are a must eat. Give it at least a thought. my husband and i searched all over town looking for them. I do believe they do not make them anymore because of what it would do to you tongue. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. These delicious treats are . I would sure like to buy the old big hard sweet tarts. :( Sweetarts are the favourite candy in our home. Submit a story or info about Giant Sweet Tarts (not chewy),