el debarge and janet jackson daughter

el debarge and janet jackson daughter

When Chico had the idea five years ago to buy his mother a computer and launch her ministry online This is where God wants you, he told her she thought he was crazy. Distractify is a registered trademark. In Friday's episodes, Jackson also finally addressed a decades-long rumor that she and DeBarge had a "secret child." "I don't know, maybe it's this person in me that wants to help people," she recalled. My daddy was the choir director at our church, and he would lead his children in singing a cappella the songs would always blend, Mama D said. How could I keep a child from their father? She got very angry. I dont care how no good I was, he said in that letter. Celebrities That Had Kids At A Shockingly Young Age. Janet Jackson and James DeBarge | Ron Galella/Ron Galella Collection via Getty Images. This story has been shared 158,551 times. The 75-year-old sings a snatch of her fathers cheery sales jingle: Peanuts, peanuts, brown beans and goobers, roasted today/, All you little children playing in the sand/you go tell your mama, heres the Peanut Man.. Someone was working with them.. He was a nice guy., But although they felt safe with each other, DeBarge admitted, I dont know why anyone would trust me., The young lovebirds would sneak around to see each other as much as possible. Filmed over the course of five years, Janet examines the stars personal life, as well as featuring archival footage of some of the biggest moments from Jacksons music career, including the infamous 2004 Super Bowl performance with Justin Timberlake. It depends on who you ask, but we're gonna go with what Janet Jackson herself says which is no. Janet Jackson's first husband, James DeBarge is the father of three children and was a singer in a famous band. Once upon a time, Janet Jackson of the fabulous musical Jackson clan eloped with James DeBarge, from another famous singing family, the DeBarges. In the 80s, the DeBarge group was on the rise, even as the Jackson 5 faltered due to Michael Jackson's "defection," and James and Janet's marriage was big news. I think I was hurt because I had mixed emotions. (Robert) moved so fast, Mama D said. My brother became a giant like his father when it came to directing choirs at Bethel, Mama D said. Follow us onTwitter. El DeBarge speaks on Janets mystery baby. Friends of Etterlene DeBarge know if theyre feeling blue, a quick call to Mama Ds cellphone will pick them right up even if she doesnt answer. But I wasnt the help that he needed.. Leave your name and number, and God bless you., As the matriarch of Grand Rapids most famous and successful musical clan, Mama D has had a lot to smile about lately. As Janet prepares to have a baby at age 50 with new hubby Wissam Al Mana, rumors of this secret love child have come roaring back. "I still love garage sales, through thick and thin." Janet Jackson Tommy and Bobby were the first of Mama Ds brood to strike out in the music world. #janetjacksondoc encore 2nite @8pm on @lifetimetv ? My mother wore an apron, which was always wet because she was constantly scrubbing clothes with lye soap for her 11 children. I feel like you should have gotten in contact with me about the baby., I dont want to live the rest of my life not knowing the truth, DeBarge begged. Throughout the 2000s, Janet Jackson was romantically linked to record producer and rapper Jermaine Dupri. Jackson, who is known for keeping her personal life low-key, had previously been married to DeBarge singer James DeBarge in the 1980s and video director Ren Elizondo in the 1990s. Etterline was just 16. This story has been shared 396,240 times. How could I keep a child from their father? Janet will be available to watch on Sky Documentaries and NOW from Monday 31 January. Selling over 100 million records, the five-time Grammy winner has been awarded 11 American Music Awards, 10 MTV Video Music Awards, and 11 Billboard Music Awards. I would have been very proud of her., According to DeBarge, he believes Jackson didnt tell him about the child because of fear., Fear and lots of pressure, he noted. Janet Jackson and DeBarge have tied the knot in September 1984. Though, the couple divorced in November 1985. It was reported that Jackson married DeBarge in order that she might take management of her life as an alternative of being managed by Joe Jackson, her father. The miniseries will be based on her 2008 self-published memoir, The Other Side of the Pain., God will receive the glory from this miniseries, she said. Mama didnt look at her children as addicts, Peaches said. Still, the DeBarges never ascended to the rarefied atmosphere of the Jackson familys brand of fame. According to new reporting fromPeople, one of the long-standing rumors to be addressed is that Jackson had a secret child during her brief marriage to James DeBarge. And for three hours, he never came back, said Jackson. DeBarge says the woman wanted to keep their new connection private. Jackson suggested that the rumours surrounding a secret child may have surfaced after she began taking birth-control pills while filming the show Fame, which caused her to gain weight. Bishop Abney fathered them. Bessie Abney tried to advise her daughter. El and Chico have relaunched successful solo careers, and the group DeBarge is back on the road, with James as lead singer along with Marty, Randy and Tommy, plus grandson Andrew DeBarge on lead guitar and granddaughter Alana DeBarge singing Bunnys vocals. He returned to music in 2010 with his comeback album, Second Chance . Janet Jackson Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. And its just hurtful for someone to see that and just try to take advantage of it Its still painful., In a 2016 appearance on Growing Up Hip Hop, in which his daughter, Kristinia DeBarge, was a cast member, DeBarge himself seemed to confirm the rumor. Janet Jackson denies having secret baby with James DeBarge Im tired of the secrecy. I liked Janet a lot, Mama D said. We don't know how, but Etterlene thought then 31-year-old Philadelphia native Tiffany Whyte was the daughter of James DeBarge and Janet Jackson. Blogger Joy Sewing at 29-95.com captured this moment with the singer at a recent in-store at Serious Sounds Record in Houston: (For 22 years), DeBarge lived on and off the streets of Los Angeles using drugs . (Her mother was married to DeBarge in the 90s, and they have a son, Josh. In 2017, a Philadelphia woman named Tiffany Whyte claimed to be Jackson and James daughter an occurrence Bunny DeBarge says has happened at least 10 times. Janet Jackson is shutting down the long-standing rumors that she gave birth to and hid a child during her year-long marriage to her ex-husband, James DeBarge. Legendary performer Janet Jacksons life will be explored this weekend in a two-part documentary event airing on Lifetime and A&E. El Debarge girlfriends: El DeBarge was previously married to Monica Debarge. He had at least 2 relationship previously. El Debarge has not been previously engaged. El DeBarge has been in a relationship with Pebbles. We are currently in process of looking up information on the previous dates and hookups. I hadnt known for sure, he said. In 2017, a Philadelphia woman named Tiffany Whyte claimed to be Jackson and James daughter an occurrence Bunny DeBarge says has happened at least 10 That has haunted the family a long time I think we all believe that James and Janet had a child.. She had tears in her eyes as she prayed with me. "I think we were just so both in love with each other that we just needed to block everyone else out.". Nobody knows that pain but a mother, she said. Subconsciously, when it comes to relationships, somehow Im attracted to people that use drugs.. Janet Jackson's ex-husband, singer James DeBarge, just dropped an alleged baby bombshell. Hesaidthe womanclaimed that Janet was her biological mother. Although this is the first time weve physically met, I do feel a connect. Advertisement Simply put, Jackie Jackson raised the alleged daughter of Janet Jackson. All rights reserved (About Us). And in an open letter published in the magazine that same year, DeBarge himself cried out to Jackson to reveal the truth to him. As Janet prepares to have a baby at age 50 with new hubby Wissam Al Mana, rumors of this secret love child have come roaringback. "I just had to be with her all the time," he said. There are a lot of nights that I would go searching the streets looking for him 8 oclock in the morning, 4 oclock in the morning, said Jackson. Thats not right.. Sign up for notifications from Insider! At first, I felt like this was the worst thing in the world that happened to me. Janet Jackson reveals Michael Jackson teased her about weight in new doc, Janet Jackson talks growth, body confidence and aging on cover of Allure magazine, Janet Jackson talks brother Michaels molestation accusations in documentary trailer. WebDeBarge has three children: daughter Kristinia (born March 8, 1990), son James, Jr. (born 1998), and his youngest, daughter Tori (born 2001). Jackson said that while she thought of him as a sweet guy, their union ultimately ended because of his addiction to cocaine. @JanetJackson @lifetimetv #JanetJacksonDoc #ICON #JanFam #JanetJackson #JanetDoc pic.twitter.com/4Xh5MrDrZ6, Jackson claimed that she and DeBarge would frequently fight over his drug use. Still, Bunny has contended in the past that she personally witnessed Jackson being pregnant. Someday, we will all be free, she said. According toBiography, Jackson is one of the best-selling artists in contemporary music.. I just want my child to know Im her father.. The When I Think of You singer explained, Back in the day, they were saying that I had a child and I kept it secret. She said, I could never keep a child away from James. DeBarge claims that he wouldnt have cut the girl out of his life had he known she existed for sure. Janet was two years out from her first self-titled album and wouldn't release Control, the album that turned her into a mega-star, for another two years. On the Lords Day, though, the Abneys sang a new song. Growing up in a famous family with a somewhat terrifying father, Janet Jackson has been in the spotlight since she was a child. "And I'm sitting in a hotel room in Grand Rapids, Michigan, by myself, just 18. Janet Jackson In October 2009, El was released from prison and rebooted his recording career. She shocked fans with the announcement of her pregnancy at the age of 50. Remember the baby Janet Jackson was rumored to have conceived with then-husband James DeBarge and given up for adoption? If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. WebJackson's former mother-in-law, Etterlene DeBarge, believes she had a secret daughter decades ago with her son, James. She also attributed weight gain at that time to the birth control she was on. ThePoetic Justicestar gave birth to her first and only child, Eissa, in 2017. Her sons El and Chico recently released critically acclaimed albums (Els Second Chance was nominated last year for two Grammy awards). Theres no way it could not have been hidden. In 1984, James DeBarge married Janet Jackson in Bishop Abneys office at Bethel Pentecostal Church. Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. Ive been able to give the right word from God in so many situations. I was under the impression that there was no baby, and I wanted to believe its not true. He was a sweet guy. Janet Jackson, James DeBarge Daughter: Does She Had he lived one year longer, I never would have married Robert DeBarge, she said. Janet Jackson, a two-night four-part documentary, premieres on Jan. 28 at 8:00 p.m. EST on Lifetime. The 55-year-old artist addressed the rumours in the second part of the forthcoming documentary Janet, along with a number of other gossip items she had heard about herself over the years. Janet Jackson also discussed some of the rumors told about her over the years, including one that addressed a secret baby with her ex-husband James DeBarge. The couple stayed together until a brutal divorce in 2000 and did not have any children together. Back in the day, they were saying that I had a child, and I kept it secret, Jackson said. This is the first time Ive seen her in 15 years. Carol Peaches DeBarge, 40, is the youngest of Mama Ds children. Born in Detroit in 1935, she and her twin sister, Ernestine, were the youngest girls in William and Bessie Abneys family of 11 children. I couldnt have lived through all of this without him.. The fame dont mean anything to me when it comes down to making sure my children are safe and protected.. I liked Janet a lot, Mama D said. In a newly released clip from WE TV's Growing Up Hip Hop, 53 So, did Janet has a secret love child? Fellow stars including Mariah Carey, Missy Elliott, Janelle Mone, Paula Abdul and Tyler Perry also contributed to the series. Im tired of the truth not coming forward and people being a coward when it comes to it, he tells his daughter in response to an article shes read. But I wasn't the help that he needed.". She gave birth to her first child, son Eissa El Mana, in 2017. WebEl DeBarge has 12 children. I always root for them, but I know they are human.. "Subconsciously, when it comes to relationships, somehow I'm attracted to people that use drugs.". The rumor was squashed after a paternity test proved he and the girl were not related. 3 dance hit Goodbye., DeBarge also just found out a major film studio is going to produce a miniseries about her family, a la the 1992 ABC five-part series on the Jackson family. And its time for everyone else to do the same.. William Abney and his wife hailed from the South. Happy Friday ? The siblings met Jermaine Jackson in an elevator; he asked them to sing for him and, once again, was all in, signing the group to Motown Records. One of these rumors in particular follows her to this day, so she finally decides to address it in her new Lifetime documentary Janet Jackson. Janet Jackson DeBarge claims that in the emails he received from the woman, he was told that Jackson had allegedly put her up for adoption. We care about your data. When I realized addiction was a sickness, it helped me deal with it better. I dont know, maybe its this person in me that wants to help people. DeBarge was one of the few Motown success stories of the 1980s. My children were born with music, Mama D said. DeBarges drug abuse would contribute to more problems for the newlyweds. This had to be some serious inside work being done with the paperwork. She is extremely close to her mother and the two finish one anothers sentences. 2 Night Documentary Event ? The first time was two years ago. Janet did eventually become a mum, giving birth to a son Eissa in January 2017, shortly before her split from businessman husband Wissam Al Mana. However, the marriage was annulled just one year later in 1985. Lifetime/A&E January 28 + 29 Be There or Be Square! YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. Her adoptive mother and on her death bed said she told her. Drugs happen to good people, Mama D said. The Bobby DeBarge Story - What The Movie Like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego (from the Bible), Jesus was in the fiery furnace with me, DeBarge said. YOUNG DeBARGE, whose brother James was More than anything, I want to heal the world through my pain., E-mail the author of this story: [emailprotected]. The two met when the sibling group DeBarge made its debut on Soul Train while Jackson was there with sister LaToya and brother Jermaine. Janet Jackson has spent a lifetime carving out a career as a performer alongside her famous brothers, The Jackson Five. The people there loved the Lord and loved on us. He was first arrested in 2001 and in and out of jail until 2009, when he wrapped up his longest sentence of 13 months. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy Agreement. Janet Jackson I cared so much for him, and I saw the good in him as well, and I just wanted that to take precedence as opposed to this ugliness. My emotions were all over the place. James' mother, Etterlene DeBarge, also spoke with Inside Edition because she believed she found James' child. While El Debarge was in Houston for the Back To Me tour with Fantasia, he got a second chance at being a father when he was introduced to his daughter for the first time after 15 years. ", The pair began dating in the early '80s, when Jackson was 16 and DeBarge was in his late teens, gaining his own fame with music hits like "Rhythm of the Night." With little money and 10 children, DeBarge packed her bags and left Robert. The four-part docuseries includes never-before-seen footage and gives fans an intimate look at the making of her music. By day, Abney sold peanuts as a street vendor, enlisting his children to help. Etterlene was further convinced after she and Tiffany took a DNA test which said, "the probability of relatedness is 96.7%. as well as other partner offers and accept our. In 1984, the What Have You Done for Me Lately performer secretly married DeBarge.

Michael Scott Marriage Is What Brings Us Together, Articles E