powershell uninstall software wildcard

powershell uninstall software wildcard

Join me tomorrow when I will have a guest blog written by Raymond Mitchel as he talks about Windows PowerShell and SharePoint. It actually needs both - the asterisk at the end of the file path and at the beginning of each extension delimiter. If you suspect that the problem with the filter is that I used the like operator as opposed to the equality operator, that is not the case. Setting Windows PowerShell environment variables. The Scripting Wife and I were in Texas for the Corpus Christi Windows PowerShell User Group meeting when Marc Carter told me about the problem with the MSI installer reconfiguring applications when the Win32_Product WMI class is queried. When I have the ClassKey, I can use the [WMI] type accelerator to connect to the specific software package (Microsoft Silverlight in this example). The problem is that the [WMI] type accelerator returns a specific instance of a WMI class. The Get-Help cmdlet lists a cmdlet's parameter sets I also have to escape the closing curly bracket and the closing quotation mark. Accepts pipeline input that specifies the package's SoftwareIdentity object from the -Reads both x86 and x64 uninstall registry keys. (This is a single line command. PS C:\> gwmi win32_product -filter Name LIKE %Silverlight%', IdentifyingNumber : {89F4137D-6C26-4A84-BDB8-2E5A4BB71E00}, Name : Microsoft Silverlight, Vendor : Microsoft Corporation, Caption : Microsoft Silverlight. to the Uninstall-Package cmdlet. How to create a virtual ISO file from /dev/sr0. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12584912/how-to-completely-uninstall-visual-studio-2010, https://superuser.com/questions/892967/uninstalling-multiple-programs-in-windows-7. DevOps & Your Cloud Infrastructure: Getting Started with Digital Transformation Summit, Digital Transformation, DevOps & the Cloud 101: Transformation Basics. In fact, if you want PowerShell to display all of the various programs listed within the Control Panel, you can simply replace the program name with an asterisk. Not the answer you're looking for? Or, if you want to remove applications that start with {26A24AE as their GUID, you can do this (the leading wildcard is there since the Uninstall key has prepended text. The last version of Windows 10 is the current 22H2 release, Microsoft explained, in a Thursday announcement. i did not find all Adobe product with this command. Prompts you for confirmation before running the cmdlet. The Uninstall-Package cmdlet receives the Hello! Until then, peace. How to convert a sequence of integers into a monomial, Counting and finding real solutions of an equation. The Uninstall-Package cmdlet uninstalls packages. reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall {CD95F661-A5C4-44F5-A6AA-ECDD91C240*" /f. Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. Checks and balances in a 3 branch market economy. A space between Microsoft and Silverlight exists, but other than that, there are no spaces). Now you can uninstall the application by calling the Uninstall method. Press Windows + R, type control panel, and press Enter to open Control Panel in Windows 10. value or a variable that contains the object. The command is shown here: Get-AppxPackage -Name *pricedetective* | Remove-AppxPackage Removing multiple apps Trying that I got an error telling me that calling a method for an expression that has a value of NULL is not possible. Change). Content Discovery initiative April 13 update: Related questions using a Review our technical responses for the 2023 Developer Survey, Uninstalling an MSI file from the command line without using msiexec, Avoid confirmation box in MsiExec uninstall. This is very fast if you just know the name of the program you want to uninstall. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. I was hoping so. 2 Answers Sorted by: 0 You can try below first: $UninstallApps = Get-WmiObject Win32_Product | Where-Object {$_.Name -like '*Application1*' -or $_.Name -like '*Application2*'} $UninstallApps.Uninstall () Then for anything under HKLM you can try do the following: Is it possible to add multiple wildcard selectors e.g. density matrix. Even in his early days, he used to tinker with various computer components, both hardware, and software, to satiate his curiosity. There exists an element in a group whose order is at most the number of conjugacy classes, Tikz: Numbering vertices of regular a-sided Polygon, Generate points along line, specifying the origin of point generation in QGIS, Understanding the probability of measurement w.r.t. Bonus Flashback: April 28, 1998: Spacelab astronauts wake up to "Take a Chance on Me" by Abba (Read more Last Spark of the month. Yes you can use DisplayName, DisplayVersion, Publisher, UninstallString and also the name-only of the sub-key of 'Uninstall' (=ProductCode for msi, or else typicall uninstall Id for the product). If I need to connect to a WMI class on a remote computer, I use a double backslash and the name of the computer, then the WMI namespace, the WMI class, and the WMI ClassKey. Well to be honest I cannot test this right now so I am not going to doubt you but I would also like to point out that I think the one wildcard character that I already have in the path would do the trick, again you might be totally correct. I am trying to use PSAppDeployToolKit to remove any instances of Adobe Flash Player NPAPI plugins (but NOT uninstall any instances where it equals exactly "Adobe Flash Player" in the control panel as we have some custom plugin called that exactly) via SCCM. PowerTip: Open the Windows PowerShell ISE from Inside the Console, Weekend Scripter: Cheesy Script to Set Speaker Volume, Login to edit/delete your existing comments, arrays hash tables and dictionary objects, Comma separated and other delimited files, local accounts and Windows NT 4.0 accounts, PowerTip: Find Default Session Config Connection in PowerShell Summary: Find the default session configuration connection in Windows PowerShell. Remember (I have said it many times)PowerShell is PowerShell is PowerShell. For more information, see the PowerShell reference documentation for the There is no guaranteed way to find every application on a system. Let's suppose that you wanted to remove an application called Free Tools. What's the cheapest way to buy out a sibling's share of our parents house if I have no cash and want to pay less than the appraised value? ('DisplayName', 'Java 8 Update 4*', 'WildCard'). See you tomorrow. She used to like the Western-saddle bred horses before she fell in love with the Friesians. The Uninstall-Package cmdlet uninstalls one or more software packages from the local computer. (LogOut/ After a bit of research you can also use the -filter clause of Get-WmiObject: $app = Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product -filter "select * from Win32_Product WHERE name = 'Software Name'". Is there any way to speed this thing up? I am trying to just uninstall the 64 bit version and not the 32 bit version. His educational background in Electronics Engineering has given him a solid foundation in understanding of computers. The command is shown here: Get-AppxPackage -Name *pricedetective* | Remove-AppxPackage. Problems? Comments are closed. Uninstalling most software on your system is very easy. E-mail us. Enumerates the registry for installed applications matching the specified application name and. rev2023.4.21.43403. More info about Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Scripting Guy, Ed Wilson, is here. The following command removes a couple of applications that I have installed on my computer: *greenville*,*magnetophone* | foreach {Get-AppxPackage $_ | Remove-AppxPackage}. Login to edit/delete your existing comments. Simply call this method on your program to uninstall it. I immediately encouraged him to write a guest blog about this issue. I believe it's. Scroll down to find Windows PowerShell 2.0, and uncheck the box next to it. Using powershell filtering, to get the list of all staged packagefullnames, you could do: Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. What is scrcpy OTG mode and how does it work? By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Commands with the same name differ in their specific The last step in the process. Add or Remove Programs in the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. This command to remove package (Copy/Paste package name): Remove-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp_7.7.17003.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe. commands that are not available in the other. I've had this project in the wings for quite awhile and hadn't done much with it until recently - This week, I had published a How-To on installing Java with WSUS Package Publisher, and as a way to remove prior versions of Java, I have been working with a cobbled-together batchfile that forcefully cleans all prior java versions (that are defined in the script) before installing the one of my choice, which works fantastically well, but seems rather extreme (and static, it needs new product id's added as new Java versions are released). Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The Get-Package cmdlet uses the Name and RequiredVersion parameters to specify a package. -Loops through the list of ARP entries and collects the: -MSI name/GUID/Uninstall string. I used Jeff's answer to lead me to this: First I got a list of servers, I used an AD query, but you can provide the array of computer names however you want: Then I looped through them, adding the -computer parameter to the gwmi query: I used the IdentifyingNumber property to match against instead of name, just to be sure I was uninstalling the correct application. Wow, sounds nice! :). For example, Uninstall-Package has the Prior to going freelance, Posey was a CIO for a national chain of hospitals and health care facilities. For example, applications installed by copying the files to a folder on the computer usually can't oc One of my customers reported that someone took over his computer, was moving the mouse, closing windows, etc. Applications installed with the Windows Installer can be found through WMI's queries, but not all However, it's possible to find all programs with listings displayed in Pick and type any of the command from the list below and uninstall your app for good . Click Uninstall a program under Programs. Multiple package names must be separated by commas. provided by the NuGet module in the Package Manager Console of Visual Studio. Find package you want to remove. She even packed a feed sack (for menot for the horses). I turned this into a .ps1 script with prompt and a "what I'm about to uninstall" info. There are also two quotation marks at the end of the ClassKey. display names of applications in the Uninstall key, use the following command: There is no guarantee that the DisplayName values are unique. The problem is that this cmdlet requires a package name, which is generally really, really long. this command to get list of packages: Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName. Microsoft this week announced some Microsoft Sentinel enhancements that are either available as a public preview release or will be coming soon. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. In the following output, I use the Measure-Object cmdlet to determine the performance of using the Where-Object (the ? parameters are specific to a package provider. Sure enoughit is cleaned up a bit. Get-Package cmdlet. package. { ([wmi]\\$server\root\cimv2:Win32_Product.$classKey).uninstall() }. How do I uninstall a Windows service if the files do not exist anymore? PowerShell says "execution of scripts is disabled on this system. VASPKIT and SeeK-path recommend different paths. Dynamic I bounce back to my Start screen. How a top-ranked engineering school reimagined CS curriculum (Ep. : remove-item C:\path\to\test-folder\"*.mp3*+*.mpeg*". -Locates all versions of an application. Each module has In the following image, I attempt to remove a modern app, but I get an error message. Looking for job perks? The nice thing about this command is that it returns the information that is required by the [WMI] type accelerator. Now, enter the cmdlet below to uninstall it: You can also use wildcards, such as *, to if you only know part of the name and dont wish to list out all apps. To continue this discussion, please ask a new question. Specifies the exact allowed version of the package that you want to uninstall. I used to like the five-gaited show pleasure horses. But while using the Control Panel to uninstall an application works fine (most of the time), the process isn't exactly scalable. A table is a nice way to display the information. The asterisk at the end of the path is trying to remove any registry key following after ECDD91C24. NoPathUpdate is a dynamic (The command is [WMI], the class name, and the key). This is cool $#%@ Rob. So, if you want to specify a certain version, you need to use the. Moreover, with the new PowerShell core, you can use it on other operating systems as well. This script can be used to remove single or multiple applications from a local/remote computer by using a wildcard search for the software title or GUID (Product ID). 9 Proven Ways, VPN Not Working on Windows? Until then, peace. The InstallLocation property points to the location where the software installs. You will need to find the application's exact name as displayed within PowerShell. Oh well. The properties and their associated values are shown in the following image. Here is the command: The technique that I just showed you is the generally accepted way of removing applications from a Windows desktop using PowerShell. as follows: Skips the uninstallation of software dependencies. You can also expand the menu and . object as an InputObject and removes the package. Nothing returns, which means they are gone. Overwrites existing commands that Please type the letters/numbers you see above. Win32Reg_AddRemovePrograms or the Win32_Product classes. Sometimes, however, you will find that there are applications listed in the Windows Control Panel that are not listed when you run the Get-WmiObject cmdlet. You can see an example of this in Figure 1. Like I said, this is a really dumb application. $classKey=IdentifyingNumber=``{89F4137D-6C26-4A84-BDB8-2E5A4BB71E00`}`,Name=`Microsoft Silverlight`,version=`4.0.60831.0`. Abhishek has been writing articles on dealing with varieties of technical issues and performing specific tasks, especially on a Windows machine. It is still the weekend, and that : Microsoft Scripting Guy, Ed Wilson, talks about uninstalling modern apps. Nicely done Rob, looks awesome. Specifies the scope for which to uninstall the package. Syntax Get-UninstallRegistryKey ` -SoftwareName <String> ` [-IgnoredArguments <Object[]>] [<CommonParameters>] Description The Win32Reg_AddRemovePrograms is only available if you are using System Center For example, an I'd like to use the PSAppDeploy Remove-MSIApplications to do this, and would like to use something along the lines of this: Remove-MSIApplications -Name 'Adobe Flash Player' -WildCard ('DisplayName', 'Adobe Flash Player * NPAPI', 'WildCard'). The reason it was written as below is because it modifies the MSI to uninstall without intervention, which is not always the default case when using the native uninstall string. You can find the documentation for this cmdlet here. ', referring to the nuclear power plant in Ignalina, mean? rev2023.4.21.43403. The reason for all the escaping in the ClassKey, is that WMI expects the quotation marks and the curly brackets in the key itself. The specific techniques for find applications installed SkipPublisherCheck. The following example produces output similar to the Win32Reg_AddRemovePrograms class: For the sake of brevity, this example uses Select-Object to limit the number of items returned to I then compare the speed of using the Get-WmiObject cmdlet against the speed of using the [WMI] type accelerator. Letting it retrieve all the Systems from the AD and trying to uninstall multiple applications on all systems. Switch to exclude the version number in the folder path. While the command runs, it creates a progress bar as shown here: When I am done, I run the Get-AppxPackage command to ensure that I did indeed remove the applications. Head to the Start menu search bar, type in 'powershell,' and run the PowerShell as an admin. Specifies one or more package provider names to search for packages. Once you have generated a list of the applications that are installed on the PC, the next order of business is to locate the listing for the application that you want to uninstall. He strives to create comprehensive guides on fixing many system and hardware issues and help others solve their problems. Who knows, I might find another favorite class. I found that using the "-Query" instead of the "-Filter" option did not return a WmiObject, so it didn't have a "uninstall" method. I've used the IdentifyingNumber to search for the Software cause of David Stetlers input. He is also proficient in several programming languages and has worked on various robotics projects. Some applications do not force a reboot, but some do. Removes all MSI applications matching the specified application name. First, open Windows PowerShell using the commands below and then go to the relevant method: You can also go through them and apply the necessary cmdlets on a PowerShell script. As an alternative, the Uninstall-Package cmdlet can specify a value for the InputObject Scan this QR code to download the app now. So, you also have to use this module to uninstall such apps. parameter, Uninstall-Package uninstalls the package's newest version. Forces the command to run without asking for user confirmation. Remote registry permissions are required in addition to the normal administrative rights for successful removal of software. I have a folder called "test-folder" which contains alot of files with different types. How a top-ranked engineering school reimagined CS curriculum (Ep. In some cases, though, the Uninstall-Package cmdlet can be a bit finicky, and you may need to experiment with some of its other parameters. (from some reason I got exit 0 but the program was still there). It relies on using the [WMI] type accelerator, instead of doing a generic WMI query. Because most standard applications register an uninstaller with Windows, we can work with those locally by finding them in the Windows registry. How to Uninstall Software Using PowerShell. There is no guaranteed way to find every So, it is possible to uninstall the apps by searching for this value and directly running it. problems. Right-click on any of them, and choose to Uninstall. Package Creation PowerShell Reference Get-UninstallRegistryKey Retrieve registry key (s) for system-installed applications from an exact or wildcard search. parameter added by the provider and isn't supported by Uninstall-Package. In an administrator powershell prompt, the command: get-appxpackage -all will display all packages on the machine. The command and associated output are shown here. The commands and the output from the commands are shown here. I'm sure it will come in handy for me some day. [wmi]\\remotehost\root\cimv2:Win32_Product.$classkey. For the opposite case, I want to remove all of the ArtWork, db, Zune, desktop files from the Music folders. The Win32_Product class isn't query optimized. In the interest of keeping things simple, I'm going to show you how to use PowerShell to remove an application from a single PC. Because of that it works just programs which have installed via microsoft installer(msi). ('DisplayName', 'Java \d Update \d{3}', 'RegEx'), ('DisplayName', 'Java 8 Update', 'Contains'), Removes all versions of software that match the name "Java 8 Update"; however, it does not uninstall. use the MSI provider to enumerate all installed products then parse the full list sequentially to

Sharpley Funeral Home Obituaries, Articles P