7 day itinerary nova scotia and pei

7 day itinerary nova scotia and pei

Youll also find Canadas first National Historic Site Fort Anne. Cute B&Bs, ivy-coloured buildings and grand, historic homes make this a wonderful place to stay overnight, and use as a base for visiting the Nova Scotia wineries and spots like the Annapolis Cider Company. Cheers! Im a Nova Scotia local, and I can promise you that it includes some of the best things to see in Nova Scotia. What to Do Itinerary A Prince Edward Island Road Trip Itinerary At just 5,180 square kilometres, slightly larger than Delaware, Prince Edward Island is Canada's smallest province. Step back in time and head to the Le Village Historique Acadien de la Nouvelle Ecosse, located on a beautiful 17-acre site overlooking Pubnico Harbour. The Annapolis Valley is a must! Would you like to go there now or continue browsing Family Traveller UK. So its best to leave your car at the hotel (like the Lunenburg Arms or Salt Shaker Deli & Inn) or your AirBnB and walk around from there! Thanks, Hi Dena, thanks for stopping by. The Perfect 7-Day Nova Scotia Road Trip Guide, Explore Time: At least 1-2 hours depending if you go to both places, Drive From Grand Pre National Site To Halls Harbour, Explore Time: 2-3 hours in Guysborough and surrounding area. Highlights of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more. Its a short drive, but there are plenty of shops and bakeries to stop into along the way such as Otis and Clementine Book Shop, Acadian Maple Products, and White Sails Bakery. Don't mind to splurge. After perusing the grounds, you may want to stop by the cookhouse for some authenticbuffet style chow. ), plus local music and events on the weekends. The UNESCO World Heritage site of the town of Lunenburg is just a 2 hour drive from Halifax and the route winds around some of the most picturesque coastline in Canada. Thanks! Or how can we improve it to help you travel better? . Only 35 minutes from Digby, youll head out in a boat with a group to look for some of the local dolphins and whales. Spend your days on Cape Breton. You have given me some ideas for my next trip!! Who doesnt love seeing those majestic whales! Plan your journey carefully today. You will find detailed mapping, route descriptions, mileage and time charts all inside. Day 5: Check out Annapolis Royal and Wolfville. Ive been to Nova Scotia for a week before, but I only stayed around Halifax because I went in February. Plan on at least one hike (Dickson Falls is an easy walk) and time your early afternoon departure for low tide at Hopewell Rocks, where you can walk on the ocean floor. Continue north across the Confederation Bridge to the Shipwright Inn in Charlottetown. The Halifax Citadel National Historic Site and the Public Gardens should be at the top of your list. Day 3: From Lunenburg drive to Shubie, visit Burntcoat head or go Tidal Bore Rafting, overnight in Shubie, Day 4: Drive to Baddeck, overnight in Baddeck, Day 5: Drive half of the Cabot Trail, overnight in Ingonish, Day 6: Drive the rest of the Cabot Trail, overnight in Port Hood or Cheticamp. The lodge is pretty cool and the restaurant serves great food. Maybe do the Cabot Trail for 2-3 days, then spend 3-4 days in the northern part of the mainland. with ten days you will have to be selective about what to visit; it would be rushed if you tried to visit both the south shore and Cape Breton if you want to go to PEI. The biggest question now is whether to go in summer, or try to time it for fall foliage. Thanks for your article. Thank you so much for stopping by, and for the suggestions. Continuing straight up the hill is a Halifax landmark, the Citadel National Historic Site. An active family? Take the Caribou - Wood Island ferry to get to PEI. In Lunenburg, The Old Town of Lunenburg (near the Fisheries Museum and boardwalk) is the most central. Hiking not so much. See Queens, Shelburne, Yarmouth & Digby Counties!!!! Mike.Im taking a road trip to Nova Scotia in a few weeks. In a nutshell, tidal bore rafting is a group of people in a small Zodiac boat with a highly experienced captain. Instead, plan to spend two days of your Nova Scotia vacation here to properly enjoy the waterfalls, dramatic rocky coastlines, vibrant bays and beaches around the Gulf of St. Lawrence and Cape Breton Highlands National Park. Im surprised that you did not include Capr Breton Highland, the drive around the eastern part, Bedec, Louisburg, etc. You can eat surprise, surprise overlooking the water but instead of seafood, grab one of their yummy baked savouries or sweets. Helen is a member of the Travel Media Association of Canada. Hi Janethank you so much for stopping by and providing some additional suggestions. Cheers, Mike. Shouting out for the Southwestern region of Nova Scotiastunning coastlineworld class beaches! You might want to contact the Nova Scotia Tourism office to double check and ask specific questions though. Ingonish: This is one of the most developed areas, and there are plenty of fun things to do including golfing at the scenic Highland Links Golf Course, relaxing on sandy Ingonish Beach, and hiking Franey loop or Middle Head trail. Day 6: Go Tidal Bore Rafting in Shubie, visit Burntcoat Head, overnight in Truro (or drive straight to Five Islands). Was on quite a road trip myself last year and visited many of the spots you named. The Westin Nova Scotian in downtown Halifax makes a great central resting spot for the next two nights. Be sure to check out our full locals guide to the many things to do in Halifax. Enjoy your first evening in the city by tucking into seafood at an outdoor waterfront restaurant such as Saltys. Cbaarch makes some good points. Fly to Halifax - start driving to Cape Breton. Day 4: Drive to Digby, go whale watching and hike to the balancing rock. Day 7: Visit Truro and spend the day at Five Islands Provincial Park. very interesting ,can you please list some of those places, am very interested in it. Hey Tina. Youll need at least a week to road trip Nova Scotia, but longer is better. Your road trip looks fascinating and we are looking forward to following in your tire tracks. Hope that helps, let me know if I can answer any other questions. Head straight across the province to Grand Pre National Historic Site. We fly into Halifax on Sat morning (landing . Below are suggestions for the best locations to stay in each destination listed in the 7 days in Nova Scotia itineraries. Also, we both live rocks and fossils. SHARE THE PINSPIRATION! In New Brunswick, I REALLY loved Grand Manan and St. Andrews. This afternoon, head to Peggys Cove the most photographed lighthouse in Canada, located on St. Margarets Bays eastern shore. This region is home to the Festival Acadien de Clare, the worlds oldest Acadian festival, held in late July, early August each year. Nova Scotia has been built on the back of breweries and rum distilleries so youll find something everywhere you go. So glad you found it helpful. Overnight in Wolfville. Day 7 Drive to Halifax. Or if you are on a budget check out Outdoorsy, which is kind of like Airbnb but for RVs. The Lunenburg Arms is a good choice for a quaint BnB feel. On this itinerary you will also see Peggys Cove, the famous 3 churches in Mahone Bay, and the UNESCO World Heritage site of Lunenburg. From unique destinations, unexpected discoveries, creative cuisine, intriguing inns to exciting attractionsthe road is his page. Julep, on the corner of Barrington and Prince Street is also a wonderful place for a celebratory meal, in one of Halifaxs most historic buildings. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Your email address will not be published. Hi Mary Ann. Glad you enjoyed. Hopefully Ill be able to make it back to Nova Scotia again one day soon. last day drive to Moncton for the flight. Hi Mike! Overnight in Wolfville. While youre in Lunenburg, The Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic is a must-do). I road tripped around many areas of Nova Scotia and have put together what I think is the perfect 7-day Nova Scotia Road Trip. To book guided experiences of the Wolfville wineries, check out Grape Escapes and Go North Tours which offer packages that include a guide, tasting fees, transportation and food. Prince Edward Island is one of Canada's eastern maritime provinces. I stayed at the Pictou Lodge and Beach Resort. If I had to guess, I would say fairly well. Your email address will not be published. Explore 7 Nova Scotia 7 day trips from 20 experts with 70 reviews. Hi SueI am too! Your first stop today is Annapolis Royal National Historic Site, only 30 minutes away from Digby. Hope you have a fantastic time. The guide will adapt based on the group so if you have really little ones, theyll be sure to try and engage them. Once the sun is up, begin your journey to Liverpool, Nova Scotia. Day 4: Drive to Baddeck, overnight in Baddeck. Water levels can raise up by 53ft (or 16m), so it can be very dangerous if you walk too far away from the entrance of a beach without knowing when the tide will come in. Hit the road and enjoy the scenic drive to Digby, stopping by Barrington, The Lobster Capital of Canada. We want to see as much of the area as possible and prefer roads less traveled. where can I find the map with your itinerary in Nova Scotia? Cheers, Mike. We live in such a beautiful.province but so etimes take its beauty for granted. Spending the night Brier Island there are no wrong places to stay. Tours run from May through October. Either way, the last ferry of the day departs Wood Islands at 7:30 pm, and youll need to be on it to reach Pictou and your room at the waterfront Consulate Inn. Oh, and we loved your video on Nova Scotia as well, so professional. Suggested Reading: What to do on a road trip to Yarmouth. Gaspereaux, Lightfoot and Wolfville, Avondale Sky or Lucketts all have wonderful wines, delicious menus and gorgeous landscapes which are so completely different from the ones you enjoyed on day one of this road trip! Are there maybe 2 locations/regions you might recommend to stay for a few nights/day each. Next time stop by the Authentic Seacoast Destillery and Brewery in Guysborough for some delicious rum, and stay in Charles Cove at the Seawind Landing. Cheers, Mike. Its hard to choose a favorite, but my top-rated beaches in this region are Sand Dollar Beach at Rose Bay, Hirtles Beach, Crescent Beach, and, further along Carters Beach. After lunch, spend time admiring the local arts and crafts scene and walk along the waterfront to view the trio of waterfront churches. Youll be tired from a day at sea, so I recommend either chilling on a patio somewhere in town, or kicking back at the Digby Pines a grand old hotel with a gorgeous outdoor swimming pool. Globe Guide tip: Drive the Cabot Trail route counter-clockwise, so your view isnt obstructed by oncoming traffic and its easier to pull off the highway. By Andrew Hempstead, author of Moon Atlantic Canada. At the market, you can stock up on car snacks: fresh Nova Scotia blueberries, pastries, and a bag of delicious Nova Scotia apples. The province is home to a number of national parks, including Cape Breton Highlands National Park and Kejimkujik National Park, which offer a range of outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, and bird watching. I would absolutely love to come back and discover some areas that people are not talking about. What are some places to spend a couple days and maybe relax. This is a truly unique experience, and, Nova Scotia is one of the only places in the world you can do this activity (be sure to watch the video above to see it in action). Book yourself a tour in advance we recommend the half day from 9am to 1pm. The Wolfville/ Grand Pr area has a lot to offer with all of the wineries and miseries along with Barreling Tide Distillery and the Wayfarers Brewery in Port Williams. The rolling hills, rural towns and picturesque farms make a PEI road trip unforgettable. There is a popular Magic Winery bus tour, which is perfect if you have all day, but if you are only in Wolfville for the afternoon, I recommend that you choose one winery, stay a while, and relax. Hi Wendythanks so much for stopping by and for the kudos. Thank you for the reminder. Head down to the waterfront to watch locals reel in the likes of mackerel, tuna and lobster, check out the boats, nets and traps lining the shallow waters of the cove, then duck into the local gift shops and art galleries to pick up some east coast handicrafts. Cheers, Mike. Wine tasting in the Annapolis Valley If youre hungry, check out the Salt Shaker Deli for some seafood chowder. Which I hope is soon. Day 4: Explore Wolfville in the morning, then drive to Shubie for Tidal Bore Rafting. Raised in the Annapolis Valley but moved to Ontario in my early teens. The bright side: if you are travelling with a partner, doing a tick check could be fun! The Acadian fishing village is also the gateway to the Chticamp campground in Cape Breton Highlands National Park, where visitors can pitch a tent or relax in an equipped campsite or oTENTik. I really appreciate that. Love road trips? At nearby Lunenburg, youll find enough time for a sunset harbor cruise before turning in for the night at the Spinnaker Inn. I live on the south shore of Nova Scotia with its beautiful white sand beaches be sure to check this area and the French Shore Annapolis Valley on your next Nova Scotian Adventure. In the meantime, let me know if I can answer any other questions. In Nova Scotia, seat belts are mandatory and it is illegal to use a cell phone while driving. After youve marveled at its rugged beauty, have lunch at the Keepers Kitchen, where specialties include a hot lobster roll, lobster grilled cheese and seafood chowder. That, and it really is a cool airport hotel, one of the best Ive stayed at. From IHeartBikes, take a guided tour or simply hire a bike and explore by yourself on two wheels. I hope it turns out great though and you both have a wonderful time. Spend at least a night in Yarmouth before traveling along rte 3 ( the Lighthouse route) towards the Pubnicos and Barringron., considered the lobster capital. The village is quite large with interpreters throughout brining history alive. The last day of this road trip could be spent lounging around at the Tidal Bore Rafting Resort. Nova Scotia & PEI 10 day Itinerary Help needed Aug 9, 2022, 11:09 PM Save I arrive in Sept. 18 Day one Halifix airport to Baddeck Day 2 Sept 19 Cabot trail to Mabou, Day 3 Sept 20 Charlottetown PEI by way of Ferry Day 4 Sept 21 visit Cavendish then to Amherst Nova Scotia. With a slow pace of life, a rich culture, spectacular scenery and direct flights from the UK getting you there in under 7 hours, its both fun and incredibly convenient. spend days in PEI. If you decide to follow the itinerary that includes Port Mouton for an overnight stay, then White Point Beach Resort (their minimum night stay is 2 nights), the Quarterdeck Resort (located on Summerville beach!) Hi Beth, thank you so much for the suggestion. Many aspects of tidal bore rafting may seem unpleasant or even scary, but trust me, youll be telling all your friends about this exciting and unique experience. Save. Delta Halifax is super convenient for exploring Halifax by foot, so park the car up overnight and take a stroll around this petit and friendly city. The Alt Hotel is one of the coolest airport hotels Ive ever stayed. Once you reach the stunning region of Ingonish Beach (on the east coast of Cape Breton Island), you will immediately forget the many hours spent behind the wheel. The collision of the tide and river creates the tidal bore, resulting in mammoth, churning waves in spots that were tranquil sandbars just moments before. Love your article, especially the fact that you covered Guysborough and surrounding areas. Yes! Thanks to the provinces compact size its possible to see most of the highlights in just one week, which includes a couple of days exploring one of the worlds best driving destinations, the Cabot Trail. I was quite disappointed to not see Digby. Level Up Your Travel Skills With Our Newsletter. Hahahope you do, you will have a wonderful time. Next, to save some time, hop on the Highway 101 until you reach Wolfville (about an hour). Rent a bike from Banks Bikes in the center of town, and ride along the Harvest Moon Trail. Thanks for your support! Downtown Halifax is very cycle friendly and there are ways to avoid that hill if you want to. Cant wait to explore Memory Lane that sounds like fun. Instead of doing the full drive, many people opt to stop in historic Lunenburg instead, which is whats recommended if you only have one week in Nova Scotia.

Old Man Saxon Net Worth, Recent Deaths In Bournemouth, Arkansas White Cornerback, Middle School Math Praxis Passing Score, Articles OTHER